Snow domain for clerics?

I was reading through Frostburn and noticed one of the deities, Vatun,
offered a snow domain. Aside from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, are there
any sources detailing this domain? I don't think I recall it in any other
book but since I on't feel like paying 20 dollars on an old book, I am
hoping that the info can be found elsewhere.

Ard Rhi

Ard Rhi wrote:

> I was reading through Frostburn and noticed one of the deities, Vatun,
> offered a snow domain. Aside from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, are there
> any sources detailing this domain? I don't think I recall it in any other
> book but since I on't feel like paying 20 dollars on an old book, I am
> hoping that the info can be found elsewhere.

You mean they didn't reprint it in the book? That's cheap.

Lords of Madness reprinted the gibbering mouther, for crying out loud,
and IT'S in the MONSTER MANUAL!!!

- Ron ^*^

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

> Ard Rhi wrote:
>
>> I was reading through Frostburn and noticed one of the deities, Vatun,
>> offered a snow domain. Aside from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, are
>> there any sources detailing this domain? I don't think I recall it in any
>> other book but since I on't feel like paying 20 dollars on an old book, I
>> am hoping that the info can be found elsewhere.
>
> You mean they didn't reprint it in the book? That's cheap.
>
> Lords of Madness reprinted the gibbering mouther, for crying out loud, and
> IT'S in the MONSTER MANUAL!!!
>
> - Ron ^*^

Nope. They got a cold and winter domain, but no snow. Seeing as only one
frostfell deity uses it, I can sorta understand why they didn't have it as a
prioprity, but come on... theat's kinda shoddy work.

Ard Rhi

"Ard Rhi" wrote
> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote
> >> I was reading through Frostburn and noticed one of the deities, Vatun,
> >> offered a snow domain. Aside from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, are
> >> there any sources detailing this domain? I don't think I recall it in
any
> >> other book but since I on't feel like paying 20 dollars on an old book,
> >> am hoping that the info can be found elsewhere.
> >
> > You mean they didn't reprint it in the book? That's cheap.
> >
> > Lords of Madness reprinted the gibbering mouther, for crying out loud,
and
> > IT'S in the MONSTER MANUAL!!!
>
> Nope. They got a cold and winter domain, but no snow. Seeing as only one
> frostfell deity uses it, I can sorta understand why they didn't have it as
> prioprity, but come on... theat's kinda shoddy work.

Could be an editing oversight, and "Snow" in that deity's portfolio perhaps
might have been intended to be replaced with either Winter or Cold. Assuming
the deity in question (I don't have Frostburn) is missing one of those two
as it is written.

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:58:58 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
carved upon a tablet of ether:

> Ard Rhi wrote:
>
> > I was reading through Frostburn and noticed one of the deities, Vatun,
> > offered a snow domain. Aside from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, are there
> > any sources detailing this domain? I don't think I recall it in any other
> > book but since I on't feel like paying 20 dollars on an old book, I am
> > hoping that the info can be found elsewhere.
>
> You mean they didn't reprint it in the book? That's cheap.
>
> Lords of Madness reprinted the gibbering mouther, for crying out loud,
> and IT'S in the MONSTER MANUAL!!!

It's a fixed version, however.

--
Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
should be free."

Rupert Boleyn wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:58:58 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
> carved upon a tablet of ether:
>

>>Ard Rhi wrote:
>>

>>>I was reading through Frostburn and noticed one of the deities, Vatun,
>>>offered a snow domain. Aside from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, are there
>>>any sources detailing this domain? I don't think I recall it in any other
>>>book but since I on't feel like paying 20 dollars on an old book, I am
>>>hoping that the info can be found elsewhere.
>>
>>You mean they didn't reprint it in the book? That's cheap.
>>
>>Lords of Madness reprinted the gibbering mouther, for crying out loud,
>>and IT'S in the MONSTER MANUAL!!!
>

> It's a fixed version, however.

You mean it can't have kids?

Just as well -- you should always spay and/or neuter your gibbering
mouthers. Do you know how many of those things the pounds have to put
down every DAY?

- Ron ^*^

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 21:54:18 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> scribed
into the ether:

>Rupert Boleyn wrote:
>> On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:58:58 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
>> carved upon a tablet of ether:

>>>You mean they didn't reprint it in the book? That's cheap.
>>>
>>>Lords of Madness reprinted the gibbering mouther, for crying out loud,
>>>and IT'S in the MONSTER MANUAL!!!
>>

>> It's a fixed version, however.
>
>You mean it can't have kids?
>
>Just as well -- you should always spay and/or neuter your gibbering
>mouthers. Do you know how many of those things the pounds have to put
>down every DAY?

2.

Ard Rhi wrote:

> "Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
> >
> > Ard Rhi wrote:
> >
> >> I was reading through Frostburn and noticed one of the deities, Vatun,
> >> offered a snow domain. Aside from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, are
> >> there any sources detailing this domain? I don't think I recall it in any
> >> other book but since I on't feel like paying 20 dollars on an old book, I
> >> am hoping that the info can be found elsewhere.
> >
> > You mean they didn't reprint it in the book? That's cheap.
>
> Nope. They got a cold and winter domain, but no snow. Seeing as only one
> frostfell deity uses it, I can sorta understand why they didn't have it as a
> prioprity, but come on... theat's kinda shoddy work.

Don't waste your money; it isn't in the Gazetteer,
either. (No domains are.)

Strange thing: the deity Levistus is given an
"Icebergs" domain. That domain doesn't exist, either.

My guess is that the appearance of "Snow" and
"Icebergs" is an error, possibly intended as part of
the gods' portfolio descriptions and mistakenly placed
within their domains. That having been said, it would
pretty much blow if Vatun didn't grant access to either
Cold or Winter, so I'd substitute one (or both) of them
for "Snow."

-Bluto