Sign in with
Your question

Sony vaio y series bios

Last response: in Windows 7
March 7, 2013 4:44:30 PM

Hi all, would anyone know how to flash the bios on the above machine as I cannot get past the startup screen so unable to go online or update from within the system.I have the latest bios for the machine just not sure how to get in on,I have done all the usual system repairs and so on and it found nothing
thank you for any help you can give

More about : sony vaio series bios

a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 5:37:26 PM

It sounds like you have a much different problem then a BIOS issue. Please share with us what exactly the computer is doing and any error codes.
a b $ Windows 7
March 7, 2013 5:38:51 PM

It sounds like you have a much different problem then a BIOS issue. Please share with us what exactly the computer is doing and any error codes.
Related resources
March 8, 2013 11:43:34 AM

All I have got is the startup screen where the microsoft flag loads up then the screen flashes blue and reboots,the problem is it flashes so fast there is no time to read the error codes on it.I have tried everything from win95 through to windows 8 and the same thing.
a b $ Windows 7
March 8, 2013 12:24:33 PM

It sounds like a hardware issue.... I would start with downloading and running memtest overnight. It is a self booting CD and should run no problem on your crippled system.
http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm
March 8, 2013 2:19:36 PM

Thanks for your help,I have already run memtest and it has shown no errors,I am beginning to think its the hhd controller or the chipset drivers that are the problem,but as I have said I am not sure how to install them from the command prompt or if they will even run from the cmd prompt?
thanks again.
!