Sign in with
Your question

Hammer lunch delayed to Q1 2003

Last response: in CPUs
July 18, 2002 6:43:08 AM

this is from AMD's second quarter financial results conference :
Quote:

we exccpect to ship Hammer based products at year end, and formly anounce a product based on this architecture in Q1

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by iib on 07/18/02 09:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
July 18, 2002 7:06:14 AM

I don't find it astonishing..
wasn't it expected for quite sometime now..
July 18, 2002 1:40:26 PM

What does lunch have to do with anything in the CPU forum?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=white>bless</font color=white> <font color=blue>the</font color=blue> <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue>
Related resources
July 18, 2002 2:11:05 PM

Well, looks like we'll have a nice showdown between the Prescott and Hammer. I still remember when people were saying, oh Hammer will be out Ocotber, then it was November and now its Q1. And Prescott went from Q3 to Q2.... hehehe

:smile: Falling down stairs saves time :smile:
July 18, 2002 2:32:36 PM

Q1 could be anything up to end of March 2003.....sigh....still waiting to upgrade my crappy 1GHz Duron, thought that Hammer/new motherboard would be the answer...

:lol:  I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy.... :lol: 
July 18, 2002 3:41:13 PM

This was announced like over a month ago. I remember posting about it in a different thread word for word what they said. Released in December, available to the public by January.

English is phun.
!