Dell Dimension 3000 AGP

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
November 9, 2004 3:35:37 AM

I was tempted bya deal on dell.co.uk website (e-D1122D)
I rang Dell twice to see if motherboard had an AGP slot,told 1st time it
hadnt.second time it had,i compared other 865gv chipsets and they all have
AGP slots,so unless dell have modified this chipset can anyone confirm
before i order? i plan to use a radeon 9600 se card(agp) in system,hopefully
it will be compatible

ferg

remove nospam to reply

November 9, 2004 3:52:17 AM

No AGP slot. Only PCI.

"ferg" <submitsite99nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I was tempted bya deal on dell.co.uk website (e-D1122D)
> I rang Dell twice to see if motherboard had an AGP slot,told 1st time it
> hadnt.second time it had,i compared other 865gv chipsets and they all have
> AGP slots,so unless dell have modified this chipset can anyone confirm
> before i order? i plan to use a radeon 9600 se card(agp) in
> system,hopefully it will be compatible
>

> ferg
>

> remove nospam to reply
>
> --

November 9, 2004 12:08:39 PM

> No AGP slot. Only PCI.

Confirmed, 2400 and 3000 do not have AGP slots.
Related resources
November 9, 2004 10:15:34 PM

> Confirmed, 2400 and 3000 do not have AGP slots.
>so i got duff information from dell ,lloks like a cheap pci card is needed

ferg
November 10, 2004 2:09:09 AM

>> Confirmed, 2400 and 3000 do not have AGP slots.
>>so i got duff information from dell ,lloks like a cheap pci card is needed
>

> ferg

If you want to game, perhaps you should look more upmarket than the 3000?
For general office use, the onboard graphics is fine.
!