Sign in with
Your question

Error When Downloading Windows 8!! Help!!

Last response: in Windows 8
July 23, 2012 10:54:37 PM

So I have burned the .iso to a dvd. I've tried upgrading to it 4 times, everytime its the same thing. It finishes the download the goes to the startup screen twice. After the second time it says "windows has encountered a problem and is trying to fix it", or something along those lines, then it tries startup again and tells me "system thread exception not handled" and has to restore windows 7. Has this happened to anyone??? Is there something I'm doing wrong? I'm not sure if it has something to do with the fact that my current version of Windows 7 hasn't had a CD Key entered yet because it was my buddies disk and I still have to buy the upgrade. Any help is appreciated!!
July 23, 2012 11:43:19 PM

How do I boot directly from the disc then? Because I no longer have that option like I did when I built it and booted to W7? Might be a dumb question :/  Thanks!!
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
July 24, 2012 12:14:43 AM

Quote:
How do I boot directly from the disc then? Because I no longer have that option like I did when I built it and booted to W7? Might be a dumb question :/  Thanks!!

I hope that you burnt the image file to disk as a bootable image,

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ht/burnis...

Once you have done this then you go into your BIOS and select your CD drive as being the first boot device.
m
l
Related resources
!