Sign in with
Your question

Dates on "Barton" or "Clawhammer"?

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
July 22, 2002 3:17:11 AM

I was wondering if anyone has heard any dates, rumors or not, of when the AMD Barton and Clawhammer chips are to be released? All I have heard is the Barton in the third quarter of this year and the Clawhammer in the fourth quarter of this year. I haven't heard any specific dates though.
July 22, 2002 3:36:24 AM

hahaha no.

barton = randomly pick a month between now and christmas.
hammer = randomly pick a month between christmas this year and christmas next year.

Ego: Check
Rose hued glasses: Check
Fanboy Button: Check
CPU forum, here i come! :smile:
July 22, 2002 5:00:38 AM

releasing the new core, and it being actually available in the market is a different matter. i don`t see any t-breds yet. i`d love to get one though.

hammers will probably be the mainstream of the amd in 2004 i think(just my opinion)

i really don`t care for hammer, all i want is cheaper XPs. =)

Be nice.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 22, 2002 11:18:14 AM

There are plenty of T-breds on the market, they are just 99% 2200+ procs. AMD is clearing the channel of Palominos before offering quantities of backfilled T-breds for sale. This doesn't help the OCers that are waiting for the T-bred 1800+ though.

Barton is due August - Sept. AMD will probably release a 2300+ or 2400+ T-bred before Barton ships, but maybe not if the ramping problems with T-bred continue. AMD is not putting extra resources on either proc due to the Hammer.

Hammer Athlon Ultra/64? is due by Christmas with the Opteron DP and MP following in 2003. It was originaly slated for August, but has slipped some.

If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought, I wouldn't have thought so much.
July 22, 2002 3:13:18 PM

Quote:
Barton is due August - Sept. AMD will probably release a 2300+ or 2400+ T-bred before Barton ships, but maybe not if the ramping problems with T-bred continue. AMD is not putting extra resources on either proc due to the Hammer.

Latest rumor has them coming out in November/December.

Quote:
Hammer Athlon Ultra/64? is due by Christmas with the Opteron DP and MP following in 2003. It was originaly slated for August, but has slipped some.

AMD said in a press confrence at least a month ago that the Hammer will be released in December, and should be available on the market in January... so it could be even longer.

Don't start a <font color=red>flame war</font color=red> while immersed in <font color=orange>gasoline</font color=orange>.
!