Sign in with
Your question

New Rumours From My Friend At Intel

Last response: in CPUs
July 22, 2002 1:05:42 PM

Yep...A friend of mine who works at Intel told me that they are working
on a processor that will have 9000mhz and a bus speed of 2800mhz!!!
Wrooooom!

Bad news AMD funboys.
It goes under the name "Tornado"

More about : rumours friend intel

July 22, 2002 2:11:45 PM

I have doubts of your friend's credibility.

Is Tornado a Street/River near Intel?
Can Intel reach 700MHZ QDR FSBs already?
If Intel demoed 4GHZ P4s, other than the 10GHZ ALU which I am starting to think it is only just a 5GHZ P4's Double-Pumped one, then how can they be able to work on 9GHZ already?

I am sorry but I have heard rumors from people who work at places, like Texas_techie, but his rumors are beleivable, yours just aren't that credible.

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:
July 22, 2002 2:40:22 PM

Hmm, just because Intel is working on a 9GHz doesn't mean it's going to be available any time soon. For all we know, AMD also has a prototype 9GHz Hammer but only a couple probably exist and only for future testing purposes.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:
Related resources
July 22, 2002 4:29:18 PM

Quote:
Is Tornado a Street/River near Intel?

No silly, how should I know? I can´t keep track of
all rivers there are just because you happen to
have a hard on for rivers.
Leave the rivers out of this please.

Quote:
Can Intel reach 700MHZ QDR FSBs already?

I´m not talking about some lame ass CPU that exists on
the market today, this one is supposed to be unleashed upon
the unsuspecting costumers within 6 months.
It will crush all & everything, and that´s the point...AMD and that pathetic VIA
chip will shiver and crush beneath it. No doubt.

How come they work on a 9ghz already?
Well, lemme see...this is some kind of "new tech" according to my friend...it will
perhaps not revolutionize the way processors are made...but it sure will shake
the industri "a bit" :smile:

And...who is Texas_Mecchie anyway?
I´m just telling you what I´ve been told by my friend, who indeed work at Intel and has done
so for quite some time now...
July 22, 2002 4:33:29 PM

*Run away!*

I´m not going to adress a person who by free will has such a name as you have my friend... :wink:

Sorry...*giggle*AMD*giggle*MAN!

ROTFLMAO...you´re name will mean nothing in a near future, people will ask what does that A the M and the D stand for and you will feel so foolish.
July 22, 2002 5:38:19 PM

Dude, he has an Intel system. :smile:

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=white>bless</font color=white> <font color=blue>the</font color=blue> <font color=red>U</font color=red><font color=white>S</font color=white><font color=blue>A</font color=blue>
July 22, 2002 7:31:11 PM

Is that like, Dude! He has a Dell!

lmao, Tom's articles on chiptroopers really bring out the worst of em=)

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
July 22, 2002 7:59:49 PM

Are you referring to something which is of a X86 instruction set compatible architecture?

What you are proposing seems so out of character for Intel. I mean after all wouldn't it make more business sense to not jump forward that quickly in performance? Milk the customers money dry by slowly releasing slightly faster models, as history shows has always consistently been true.
Why change now?

Besides, you can have bus speeds of infinity,or higher, but if you can't buy fast memory to interface it with it is all a waste of time.
July 22, 2002 8:15:04 PM

wow. am i the only one getting this? it seemed obvious to me that it was written in some kind of joking/provoking manner. yet people are trying to debate/discuss it like it's written up somewhere credible. forums must be slow eh? man people need to get out more or get some kind of sense of humor.

"Hey, you think Cleveland looks a little like Budapest?"
July 22, 2002 8:18:52 PM

Quote:

Is that like, Dude! He has a Dell!

Anyway, I don't like
lmao, Tom's articles on chiptroopers really bring out the worst of em=)

Nope, no Dell. Just a P4 2.26GHz, 512MB RDRAM, 80GB Western Digital w/ 8MB (soon to get another drive to set up RAID 0), Radeon 8500 (soon to be Radeon 9700), Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, 19" NEC FE950+, Logitech Z560, etc.

All the internal components are enclosed in a beautiful Antec Plus1080 with 3 case fans (1 side blowhole), and a 430W Antec TruePower PSU. :smile:

Anyway, I don't like DennistheCool's attitude:

Quote:

*Run away!*

I´m not going to adress a person who by free will has such a name as you have my friend...

Sorry...*giggle*AMD*giggle*MAN!

ROTFLMAO...you´re name will mean nothing in a near future, people will ask what does that A the M and the D stand for and you will feel so foolish.

AMD is about to release a revolutationary new processor (the Hammer) with the next few months; they're not going down any time soon.

:wink: <b><i>"A penny saved is a penny earned!"</i></b> :wink:
July 22, 2002 8:19:39 PM

<blockquote><font size=1>Svar på:</font><hr><p>this one is supposed to be unleashed upon
the unsuspecting costumers within 6 months.<p><hr></blockquote><p>Sorry dude, that 6 month claim really shows that you nothing but clueless in the area of microprocessors.

Try again.

<i>/Copenhagen - Clockspeed will make the difference... in the end</i> :cool:
July 22, 2002 8:39:22 PM

Not another FUGGER!

Looks like we have to re-address the FFF (Fabricated Fugger Facts) to DTCFF (DennisTheCool Fabricated Facts.

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>
July 22, 2002 8:40:15 PM

yeah, if intel wipe out AMD then no competition and intel can price as they see fit and you my friend will have to save all your money from your paper round for many years to come to buy an intel CPU.

I have several points:
If intel do release a 9Ghz chip in 6 months time then the new technology you speak of is SOI(silicon on insulator), which we all already know about.

If your friend has released confidential information and if he is working on this chip, he would have signed a confidentiality agreement, he probably jaint got a job now.

I have no doubt however that both AMD and intel have a couple of very fast prototype chips somewhere, infact AMD have probably have already started on the K9 processor.
And intel probably have the Pentium 6 prototyped.

6 Months???? I can believe it if it were the itanium 3, therefore a special server chip and useless to us the consumer.

The thing is when we hear the information is once they have made a definate decision on what path or the way in which they will implement new technology.

Anyway the thing I hate most is immature under 18's and some over 18's who use this forum and think they know something(read the stupid comments thread), those are also the most dangerous because they refuse all help or anything that contradicts their opinion, they can't accept they are wrong. How could you stop these people from using the boards?
July 22, 2002 8:43:55 PM

what is a fugger?
July 22, 2002 9:34:33 PM

I don't think he's a Fugger. More like an Melty.... Fugger actually had some knowledge, this guy sounds like a total dork who has nothing better to do... (actually this sounds like Intel_Inside too...) Fugger is a guy who posts on the forums. Don't know where he's been the past bit though.

:smile: Falling down stairs saves time :smile:
July 22, 2002 9:49:49 PM

I think your friend got the numbers wrong.

Intel has publicies some information about the Prescot chip, which is runs at a 800Mhz FSB, and some parts of it are running as high as 8000Mhz.

A 2800Mhz FSB doesn't make any sense, especialy with a 9000 MHZ CPU. There is no memory that could keep up with that, and the multipliers wouldn't work (There's a 7 in there somewhere, not usually a good number in Binary for anything short of a CPU multiplier)

Don't start a <font color=red>flame war</font color=red> while immersed in <font color=orange>gasoline</font color=orange>.
July 22, 2002 10:08:31 PM

After thinking about it, I can conclude, this Dennis guy is a troll. Figure, he thinks his Intel will destroy anything AMD.

As for Fugger, I can wholeheartedly admit the guy has insightful knowledge and interesting stories, but his close-minded nature and selfishness, make him nothing more but a troll in denial, and a big fanboy. It's sad he is that way.

BTW where is the stupid comments thread in?

--
:smile: Intel and AMD sitting under a tree, P-R-O-C-E-S-S-I-N-G! :smile:
July 22, 2002 10:20:12 PM

Quote:
I´m not going to adress a person who by free will has such a name as you have my friend...

Obviously, you're not familiar with the P4 system he just built.

If you're going to be serious and actualy post meaningfull information, do it and keep an open mind about what other people say.

If not, please leave. You're worse than AMDMeltdown. At least he find reports to back up what he says, and not make up everything as hearsay.

Don't start a <font color=red>flame war</font color=red> while immersed in <font color=orange>gasoline</font color=orange>.
July 23, 2002 12:47:22 AM

Wow, this guy didnt even make a decent attempt at trolling. Here is the the deal:

a. your friend is retarded and has told you lies.
b. your retarded and cant remember what he said
c. Your a troll and need a chainsaw enema
d. all of the above

Which is it?

Benchmarks are like sex, everybody loves doing it, everybody thinks they are good at it.
July 23, 2002 1:18:03 AM

I think its amdMeltdumbass (or some other troll) under a new nick. this person registered on 22.07.02 so its a new user... its unlikly a new user will be posting Intel rumers at THG right away.
the tone of the messege shows clear resent twords AMD and VIA.

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled
July 23, 2002 1:43:02 AM

The post was a reverse caricature.

Mark-

<font color=blue>When all else fails, throw your computer out the window!!!</font color=blue>
July 23, 2002 1:59:22 AM

LOL this thread is a hoot.... while we are at it, i have some "friends" working for other companies too!

My hamster works for amd, and they have a one gazillion HappyHertz Opteron II processor in the wings! thats right! a gazillion happy hertz! it comes with a built on heatsink containing liquid helium... course the warantee only lasts for 5 minutes cauz the helium soon boils away :smile:

and over at IBM i know they are making 50,000rpm hard drives of 200Gb+ capacity! its true! honest!!! would i lie or spew crap through my ass to u???
:lol: 

<b>Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped! :cool: </b>
July 23, 2002 2:20:01 AM

Do the math 2800x?=9Ghz?

Current memory on the schedule PC1200 runs at 150x4 as the high end. 700x4 is impossible today, maybe in 3 years we will see clock gens that can operate at 3Ghz.

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.
July 23, 2002 2:47:01 AM

A BIG LOL!!!

--
An AMD employee's diary: Today I kicked an Intel worker in the "Willy"! :lol: 
July 23, 2002 2:50:06 AM

I am not close minded, there are way too many reasons for me to choose Intel over AMD. I am not on a budget and overclock.

In denial of what? 3.1Ghz running 24/7 I should be upset huh? stop spewing crap, you know better than to poke a stick at me.

July 23, 2002 2:50:13 AM

I am not close minded, there are way too many reasons for me to choose Intel over AMD. I am not on a budget and overclock.

In denial of what? 3.1Ghz running 24/7 I should be upset huh? stop spewing crap, you know better than to poke a stick at me.

July 23, 2002 3:11:44 AM

Quote:

the base freqency for the bus could be anything (100,133,166 etc etc...)

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by IIB on 07/23/02 06:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
July 23, 2002 3:47:11 AM

8 Channels of pc 1066 RDRAM can feed this FSB.
DEC ALPHA EV7 has 8 chanell RDRAM memory controler on-die.
but this is highly unlikely :) 

July 23, 2002 9:02:31 AM

Quote:
After thinking about it, I can conclude, this Dennis guy is a troll.

Bingo.
Took you quiet some time eh?
July 23, 2002 9:31:26 AM

Yes ofcourse it must be like that.
It could not be like, I´ve been around for a couple of weeks studying my "prey" and then some day ago I decided to register and "stir the pot" a little?
July 23, 2002 2:26:18 PM

Quote:
c. Your a troll and need a chainsaw enema

Texas Chainsaw Enema? :eek: 

July 23, 2002 2:34:43 PM

Quote:
Took you quiet some time eh?

Excuse us for thinking that it might have been an exhuberant newbie who was mistaken and not screeming "Troll" at the top of our lungs when you first posted.

July 23, 2002 2:50:19 PM

FUGGER:
I am not on a budget and overclock.

Not on overclock??
You have quite a history here of your lame claims of your overclocking!

Do I have to drag it out again?

Best Regards
Era
July 23, 2002 2:53:35 PM

It's probably in a test lab somewhere in Intel. I hope your friend doesn't get cought telling such secrets.

And by the way the prescott is suppose to work with a 800mhz FSB JSYK.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
July 23, 2002 4:42:20 PM

Quote:

I am not on a budget and overclock

I think its to be read: I am not on a buget and I do overclock.

July 23, 2002 7:05:11 PM

hmmm...6 months....WOW!!!!GEEEZ!!!OH YEAH!!!BOOYAH!!! oh heck wait...for how much? I fit did come out in 6 months heck I'd want it! Right now I want either a 2200+ XP or a P4 2.5GHz..I always want the latest..heck yeah! but do I need it?...my other persona, mr. gearhead is the only one crazy about it and wanting the latest stuff...but God forbid mr. gearhead doesn't do anything stupid like robbing a bank or kidnapping Bill Gates just to get his hands on that oh so shiny and new Intel CPU at 9GHz...unless it will cost dirt cheap..maybe 1000 dollars...higher? 1300? no? 1800? still no? oh heck it's Intel maybe 2500! Is the price right? who in their right mind would wanna buy that 9GHz crap...maybe somebody with the right wallet size...some ppl can afford a 2.5 GHz P4 but in 6 months only the gearheads inside them would make em upgrade to your 9GHz crap...btw new mobo+memory...that'll be a total of $3200 please!

pardon me fellows but this is quite fun bashing on Trolls...
July 25, 2002 12:17:49 AM

what color is your friends clothes? because I have some nice pills for you...

Introducing Tapeworms! The new big thing for weight loss!
!