MN-700 Wireless Hang-up Potential Solution Here

**DHCP is the cause of the wireless hang-up problem with
firmware version 2.1.2.590**

I had the problem that everyone is reporting with the
recent MN-700 firmware revision, wherein wireless access
hangs-up multiple times per day, at unpredictable
intervals. I found a work-around for my setup: Assign
static IPs to your wireless clients. It seems that the
recent update to firmware version 2.1.2.590 introduced a
problem with DHCP.

Note, I still have DHCP enabled on the MN-700, so that
those "occasionally connected" laptops can still obtain a
valid non-routable IP. But for the two laptops that I use
around the house every day, assigning static IPs seems to
be working fine. And just in time, resetting the base
station was driving me nuts!

Another possible fix to the same issue might be to set
the lease time for the IPs to be two weeks (from the
router's LAN page). I'm not sure if this would help, but
it might be worth a try if assigning a static IP to your
machines is distasteful in any way.

Please post your results back to this board so that MS
engineers can gauge from user experience if DHCP is
indeed flawed in the recent MN-700 firmware upgrade.

Good luck all!
David A. in Toronto

I'm willing to do this, and I hope everyone else does to.

I only have wired clients, served by DHCP, but I'll
statically assign them.

The DHCP makes sense, because things started going
apeshit when I started doing persistent triggers to those
IPs in the DHCP pool.

This router needs static DHCP assignments anyways. They
should fix that.

I put static on evreything and it is still crashing.

I noticed when I was crashing my logs were noting a lot
of port scans. If that is the reason for the crashes
then this router has got to do a better job of rebuking
port scans.