Sign in with
Your question

choice AMD just because cheap,right?

Last response: in CPUs
July 24, 2002 2:32:35 AM

I am not a enthusiasm,but i still choice AMD.for what?very simply ,just because amd+via chips=low price & good performance. I don't know why there are so many people regard the AMD choicer as enthusiasm,if one day intel lower it's product's price a lot ,i will choice intel ,,for what?just for price/perfomance ratio..welcome feedback

More about : choice amd cheap

a c 100 à CPUs
July 24, 2002 3:22:59 AM

Do you have any idea what an Intel processor would cost you, if there was no AMD to keep them in check, no matter whose flag you're waving, the competition between the two, is making it all affordable.

You never know what you can do until you try.
July 24, 2002 1:10:55 PM

Quote:
Do you have any idea what an Intel processor would cost you, if there was no AMD to keep them in check, no matter whose flag you're waving, the competition between the two, is making it all affordable.

Competition is mostly good but there is at least one downside: CPUs get faster very quickly and developers write apps for them. The end result is that the customer spends more money because he has to upgrade his machine more often. If AMD wasn't around, there's a distinct possibility that we'd be spending *less* money on computing.

Ritesh
July 24, 2002 1:17:44 PM

Agreed.

However AMD does offer alot of O/C mesures. Crank (developer ofr amd) had said that with via working with amd, the target to provide to those who wish to compute faster and push the envelope. (O/C) To me that sound like enthusiasm.

Also pay attention to the 64-bit and hyperfeed development, AMD will be at the same level in 2003. Wich will prove to appeal to the enthusiest

-Tim

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller.
Related resources
!