MN-520 Notebook adapter

Last response: in Networking
January 15, 2005 4:14:56 PM

My network (deskttop and laptop with MN-500 router and
MN-520 notebook adapter) isnt working at all. I downloaded
the latest MSBN software on the desktop (which im using
now) and setup the router just fine. Then I tried to setup
the notebook, using the same process. The setup didn't
continue to set up the adapter. I tired goinginto MSBN and
set up the network inputing the WEP and such, but it doesnt
connect with the router. Please help.

More about : 520 notebook adapter

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 6:18:19 PM

Did you get an error message when running the setup on the notebook? Are
you running any third-party firewall, like ZoneAlarm, or any Symantec
(Norton) anti-virus software? You may need to temporarily uninstall those,
complete the install, and then reinstall.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Mike H." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My network (deskttop and laptop with MN-500 router and
> MN-520 notebook adapter) isnt working at all. I downloaded
> the latest MSBN software on the desktop (which im using
> now) and setup the router just fine. Then I tried to setup
> the notebook, using the same process. The setup didn't
> continue to set up the adapter. I tired goinginto MSBN and
> set up the network inputing the WEP and such, but it doesnt
> connect with the router. Please help.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 6:26:47 PM

Um, no error, itjust never continued to install and setup
the adapter. I did disable avg antivirus, but not windows
firewall as i had it running on my other comp when i installed.

January 15, 2005 7:37:55 PM

Okay, would you try this: Go into Control Panel/Administrative
Tools/Services and make sure Wireless Zero Configuration (down near the
bottom) is enabled and running. Close that out and reboot your system.

Then go to Network Connections either off your Start Menu or in Control
Panel, and configure your connection there. You don't need the front-end
software, using Windows XP's networking configuration.
--

> Um, no error, itjust never continued to install and setup
> the adapter. I did disable avg antivirus, but not windows
> firewall as i had it running on my other comp when i installed.

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 9:25:13 PM

Problem fixed! thank you

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 9:46:16 PM

Very good, Mike. If you have the Microsoft Broadband Networking install
showing in Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, you can safely uninstall it
now. The driver for your network adapter won't change, and you can just
continue to administer the device via Network Connections.
--

!