MN-520 Notebook adapter

My network (deskttop and laptop with MN-500 router and
MN-520 notebook adapter) isnt working at all. I downloaded
the latest MSBN software on the desktop (which im using
now) and setup the router just fine. Then I tried to setup
the notebook, using the same process. The setup didn't
continue to set up the adapter. I tired goinginto MSBN and
set up the network inputing the WEP and such, but it doesnt
connect with the router. Please help.
5 answers Last reply
More about notebook adapter

    Did you get an error message when running the setup on the notebook? Are
    you running any third-party firewall, like ZoneAlarm, or any Symantec
    (Norton) anti-virus software? You may need to temporarily uninstall those,
    complete the install, and then reinstall.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Mike H." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My network (deskttop and laptop with MN-500 router and
    > MN-520 notebook adapter) isnt working at all. I downloaded
    > the latest MSBN software on the desktop (which im using
    > now) and setup the router just fine. Then I tried to setup
    > the notebook, using the same process. The setup didn't
    > continue to set up the adapter. I tired goinginto MSBN and
    > set up the network inputing the WEP and such, but it doesnt
    > connect with the router. Please help.

    Um, no error, itjust never continued to install and setup
    the adapter. I did disable avg antivirus, but not windows
    firewall as i had it running on my other comp when i installed.

    Okay, would you try this: Go into Control Panel/Administrative
    Tools/Services and make sure Wireless Zero Configuration (down near the
    bottom) is enabled and running. Close that out and reboot your system.

    Then go to Network Connections either off your Start Menu or in Control
    Panel, and configure your connection there. You don't need the front-end
    software, using Windows XP's networking configuration.
    --

    > Um, no error, itjust never continued to install and setup
    > the adapter. I did disable avg antivirus, but not windows
    > firewall as i had it running on my other comp when i installed.

    Problem fixed! thank you

    Very good, Mike. If you have the Microsoft Broadband Networking install
    showing in Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs, you can safely uninstall it
    now. The driver for your network adapter won't change, and you can just
    continue to administer the device via Network Connections.
    --

    > Problem fixed! thank you

Routers Notebooks Networking