Sign in with
Your question

Sick of AMD want Pentium suggestions or help?

Last response: in CPUs
July 24, 2002 8:02:49 AM

Third AMD 1GHz chip on warranty. Also third Asus A7V via KT133 chipset.

Can't clock to full 1GHz only reaches 750 MHz. I've set the multiplier to 7.5 at an external freq of 133 but it wouldn't boot. Then switch the mult to 10 to run at 100 MHz but it would only clock to 750 MHz again.

So unless I can figure out how to fix this, I'm looking for a P4 1.8a... Any suggestions on a good motherboard?
July 24, 2002 8:22:57 AM

You might be fckd the bridges when you were trying to unlock the multiplier.
If not, this means that by some reason your bus speed is 75MHz. Run several tests, as SANDRA for instance.
Are you sure they haven't sell you K7 @ 750MHz?
Another possible reason might be if this K& is with newer CPU core which is not recognized by BIOS. Keep in mind that KT133 is rather old chipset. As far as I remember, only KX-133 is older. KT-133 was the first chipset designed for Sock A, right?
Check at ASUS site for bios update.
July 24, 2002 11:33:41 AM

Yeah update your bios, I have a KT133A and updating the bios allows me to have:
Mulitplier of 13.5
FSB upto 200Mhz
and athlon XP processors.

Only problem is it is still and SDR board. I think more than likely the board has suffered damage and therefore it not providing the correct clock.

Remember the clock generator is on the motherboard and not on the chip!
Related resources
July 24, 2002 12:09:59 PM

Is that the kt133 or the kt133a, because the kt133 does NOT DO 133FSB!!!

The kt133a does, so dont get upset when it wont run at 133fsb, it isnt your cpu its the motherboard.

rehash

kt133=100fsb 133dram
kt133a=133fsb 133dram

kt133 mobo not hitting 133fsb is not a defect.

:wink: The Cash Left In My Pocket,The BEST Benchmark :wink:
July 24, 2002 1:11:02 PM

Dont you think its not a AMD problem ? Clocking just isnt following what some posted on a site, there alot og (logical) algorithms involved. If you looking for an answer try a new mobo, otherwise i hope you have the cash for a P4.

-Tim

Leave amd alone "the hammer is comming"

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller.
July 24, 2002 1:54:51 PM

hmm ya the old KT133 chipset is a lie. It doesn't do 133mhz FSB. The KT133A does.

Stupid isn't it? Via can't even get the naming right! It should be KT100 but they wanted people to buy there stuff so they fooled you into thinking it's 133mhz FSB when it can only do 100. 110 at most when overclocking.

If you're serious about a pentium 4 check this out.

Abit IT7
Pentium 4 2.26ghz (OR 1.8ghz O/C to 2.4)
512MB of PC2700H (from corsair XMS series of memory. H for heat spreader)

good luck!

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>
July 24, 2002 2:42:59 PM

No actually the KT133 does not officially support the
133FSB(266), the KT133A does support the 133FSB officaially.

Now the person who started this thread has a KT133, my betting is he bought an Athlon 266FSB, check the writing on the chip, if you have got a 266FSB athlon, then go and swap it for a 200FSB version, that would be the only problem.

Or you could try getting a new MB a KT133A version, they aint that expensive any more and I have not had any trouble with the KT133A ever.

BTW I have an ASUS A7V133 (w/KT133A & Raid) it is a nice MB and support Athlon Xp's if you get a bios update :-P.
July 24, 2002 9:30:18 PM

Quote:
Stupid isn't it? Via can't even get the naming right! It should be KT100 but they wanted people to buy there stuff so they fooled you into thinking it's 133mhz FSB when it can only do 100. 110 at most when overclocking.

Its called the kt133 cause it does the sdram at 133mhz.

July 24, 2002 10:04:35 PM

"Third AMD 1GHz chip on warranty. Also third Asus A7V via KT133 chipset.

Can't clock to full 1GHz only reaches 750 MHz. I've set the multiplier to 7.5 at an external freq of 133 but it wouldn't boot. Then switch the mult to 10 to run at 100 MHz but it would only clock to 750 MHz again.

So unless I can figure out how to fix this, I'm looking for a P4 1.8a... Any suggestions on a good motherboard?"

Hmmmm, yep you should go Intel!

"Just the facts ma'am"
July 25, 2002 12:30:28 AM

Quote:
Hmmmm, yep you should go Intel!

Why, cause hes too stupid to realize that he has a 133fsb processor on a motherboard which does 100fsb?

Im surprised they accepted his 3 previous rma's.

To the main poster, use the pencil trick to unlock your athlon and then run it at 10x100.
You have a 100fsb motherboard and should not have bought a 133fsb cpu.

a b à CPUs
July 25, 2002 1:00:31 AM

So, basically, you got a Thunderbird 1000 "B", meaning the multiplier is locked at 7.5x and it's supposed to run a 133MHz FSB. Then you put it on a board that doesn't actually support a 133MHz FSB (even though it was supposed to) and you blame the CPU? No, the KT133 did NOT support 133MHz FSB. And raising your mutliplier to 10x will NOT work as long as your CPU is "locked". You put yourself in a bad situation.

Have you heard of the "Pencil trick"? This involves connecting all the "L1" bridges on the CPU with pencil marks so they look like this IIII instead of this ::::. It sounds like your only hope. You should be able to get your 10x multiplier to work if you do this. In fact, you might be surprized to find it works at an even higher multiplier, such as 12x, giving you 1200MHz!

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>
July 25, 2002 2:35:50 AM

Matisaro and crashman, we came we saw, one of us insulted the questioner while assisting, the other calmly and nicely posted assistance, and we conquered.

::high five::

July 25, 2002 3:08:20 AM

LoooooL

<b>Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped! :cool: </b>
a b à CPUs
July 25, 2002 3:10:24 AM

LOL, I guess I'm good for that! Of course, your way works also.

<font color=blue>At least half of all problems are caused by an insufficient power supply!</font color=blue>
July 25, 2002 8:16:06 AM

Crash is right. If you are scared of the "pencil trick" and bought it locally you might be able to swap it for the 100 MHz version. Otherwise, connecting the L1 bridges with a pencil will allow you to unlock the multiplier and up it to 10 which should give you at least a 1GHz (if not 1.2) CPU

10 x 100MHz bus = 7.5 x 133MHz(your m/b can't do) = 1000

<font color=green>Tbred or Northwood?? Anybody have a quarter?</font color=green>
August 6, 2002 8:10:34 AM

Hey thanks for everyone's help...
Sorry i didn't get a chance to get back earlier.

The Chipset was the KT133A (it's the board w/ the 4 IDE slots) so it should clock to 133.

Also, someone mentioned that the KT133 is called that b/c it supports PC133 sdram, why would it support 133 ram if the board only clocks to 100?

And I tried the pencil trick to no avail.

But anyway, i gave up on the system and pick up a P4 1.8a and a Gigabyte 8IGX and I could not be happier. Also picked up 512 MB PC333 DDR ram (though CL2.5) and it runs like a beeut.
Have it clocked to 2.4GHz w/ ram at 354MHz and it runs at 43 degrees w/ the standard heatsink fan. The multiplier is 16!

I try not to keep it going like that for too long, just nice to be able to do it and it loosens up the system quite nicely.
August 6, 2002 9:44:06 AM

Can anyone explain how this person could not get three cpus to post properly? Is this one of those my Athlon puts out too much heat so I am getting a P4 1.6A and overclock the heck out of that mofo type of story?

"Just the facts ma'am"
August 6, 2002 12:32:48 PM

I'm guessing he never updated to the latest bios. I have the KT133A also. It worked OK after that but I will never buy a Via chipset again.

<font color=green>Tbred or Northwood?? Anybody have a quarter?</font color=green>
August 6, 2002 5:43:55 PM

A7V had KT133.

A7V133 had KT133A.

Both boards had four IDE connectors.

Congrats on the new system and succesful overclock. (By the way, your multiplier is locked at 18).

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>
August 6, 2002 5:49:10 PM

Good tech, bad tech! Is this like "good cop, bad cop"? LOL!

Bring back the theme song Freddie!

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>
a b à CPUs
August 7, 2002 12:27:42 AM

d00d, the multiplier for the 1.8A is 18. And 18x133=2400. And I know your at 133 because you said your memory is at 354, which is a DDR number meaning 177MHz, which is the 3:4 FSB/RAM ratio at 133MHz FSB.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had asked more questions first!</font color=blue>
August 7, 2002 12:48:09 AM

heh. the guy was using the KT133, it didnt support 133fsb. plain and simple. thats why his cpu's wouldnt work. reading of the motherboard manual could have told him that.

motto of the story: when in doubt, blame the technology

<b>Before visiting THG i was a clueless noob. Now im still clueless, but look at my nice title!<b>
August 8, 2002 7:54:32 AM

Quote:
heh. the guy was using the KT133, it didnt support 133fsb. plain and simple. thats why his cpu's wouldnt work. reading of the motherboard manual could have told him that.

motto of the story: when in doubt, blame the technology

but it had 4 ide ports, and the big monitor allows faster internet surfing.

::rolls eye:: enjoy the p4 man, you should have got a dell.

bet hes reusing the pc133 ram for his spanking new blazing p4 heh.

PS: the kt133 runs the ram faster than the fsb.

August 8, 2002 8:13:58 AM

Matisaro, publicly laughing at people isn't what someone of a "forum fixture" should be doing. shame on all you other people who provide no help whatsoever... only coming into the discussion to ridicule him..(crashman is without doubt excused)

anyways, as for the last 2 or 3 comments, didn't you ppl read that his chipset is: KT133A.. that's KT133A, again KT133A.. i don't follow chipsets, nor am well educated as most of you "assume" to be, but I know KT133A is not KT133!!!

for the original poster, sorry I can't help you.. but to make you feel any better, I bought 3 amd cpu's before switching to intel now.. very happy since. (sorry I had to vent a little)

<font color=green> there's more to life than increasing its speed -Ghandi</font color=green>
August 8, 2002 10:41:51 AM

look at his first post: he actually said he had a kt133.

The only way an error like that would occur is it his bios did not accept such a chip. He should have changed the board not the chip!

Also people say they would never bye via again. I have not had trouble with via chipsets however while I was running a medium sized network (150-200 pc's), we had sis and ALI chipsets, the boards were utter rubbish.

I have had many compatability problems with ALI and sis but not Via. Have via earnt this reputation because of unstable chipsets of times long ago, (like amd and their chips?).

I am just interested to find out why.......
(no chiptrooper replies please, responses should be backed up with actualy fact, i am not taking silly replies.)
August 8, 2002 10:49:32 AM

look at his first post: he actually said he had a kt133.

The only way an error like that would occur is it his bios did not accept such a chip. He should have changed the board not the chip!

Also people say they would never bye via again. I have not had trouble with via chipsets however while I was running a medium sized network (150-200 pc's), we had sis and ALI chipsets, the boards were utter rubbish.

I have had many compatability problems with ALI and sis but not Via. Have via earnt this reputation because of unstable chipsets of times long ago, (like amd and their chips?).

I am just interested to find out why.......
(no chiptrooper replies please, responses should be backed up with actualy fact, i am not taking silly replies.).
August 8, 2002 10:44:14 PM

Quote:
Matisaro, publicly laughing at people isn't what someone of a "forum fixture" should be doing. shame on all you other people who provide no help whatsoever... only coming into the discussion to ridicule him..(crashman is without doubt excused)

A: chiding a forum fixture isnt something a newbie should be doing.
B: if you read I DID give him help, he continued to deny his mistake in a later post.
C: this guy did 3 rma's and switched to intel making it seem like amd is broken for his own ignorance, so he deserved the light humilation I have given him.

Quote:
anyways, as for the last 2 or 3 comments, didn't you ppl read that his chipset is: KT133A.. that's KT133A, again KT133A.. i don't follow chipsets, nor am well educated as most of you "assume" to be, but I know KT133A is not KT133!!!

He said it was a kt133a cause it had 4 ide ports, this is blatantly wrong and moronic, learn to read shallowbaby.

Quote:
for the original poster, sorry I can't help you.. but to make you feel any better, I bought 3 amd cpu's before switching to intel now.. very happy since. (sorry I had to vent a little)

Ahh offer no assistance, and give a fud story about 3 amd chips not working, did you think 4 ide ports made your mobo a kt133a as well?

If you dont have any assistance to offer the poster, or valid commentary (other than mistakenly chiding me) then dont post.

August 9, 2002 1:11:50 AM

"Can anyone explain how this person could not get three cpus to post properly?"

Easy: DEFECTIVE CHIPS. Although it's unlikely to get 3 of them in a row, it's still possible.
August 9, 2002 1:50:31 AM

Show a little courtesy and respect to newbies and oldies. Chiding a forum fixture is something everybody should be doing when he/she is being a ****. Give us a break from your ego.
August 9, 2002 2:32:03 AM

Don't get annoyed too easily man, I know Mat, sometimes he outbreaks like that.
He might be in a bad mood or sumthin', but I just don't wanna hear some fighting in this topic anymore!

--
The sound of determination is the echo of will...
August 9, 2002 3:02:01 AM

Eden, you are the light of hope that illuminates these halls of darkness bringing hope and wisdom to us all. You are the garden of Eden (hehe), the war is the forbidden fruit and we are the tempting snake.

that was sooo g** ... sorry

real philosophy of life: "do onto others what you dont want them do onto you"
August 9, 2002 3:45:07 AM

:eek: 

--
The sound of determination is the echo of will...
August 9, 2002 5:28:44 AM

Quote:
Show a little courtesy and respect to newbies and oldies. Chiding a forum fixture is something everybody should be doing when he/she is being a ****. Give us a break from your ego.

A: first post, lol, good way to come to the forum.
B: i helped the guy, he didnt believe he was wrong and ignored that help, thus my posts.
C: I dont attack people who are new, the person I rebuked attacked me cause I didnt act like a "forum fixture".

How is a forum fixture supposed to act?

If I am so bad why do people(who arent idiots/strangers) like me?

This guy in this post screwed up, and when informed of his screw up proceded to deny the fact stupidly(it was a kt133a cause it had 4 ide ports!lol) this kind of activity is what leads people to be ridiculed, which I did.

Dont whine to me cause I was hard on him when I tried to assist and he ignored said assistance.

August 9, 2002 7:16:40 AM

Matisaro....

I agree with u...sorry all........

U know me Mat....Ive been here for quite a long time too...and i have been posting ever so iregularly lately cuz my life has been up in the air.....anyways heres my thoughts to everything..

The original poster indeed was stubborn about his situation...he indeed had a 'C' type T-Bird...not a 'B' like sum 1 stated previously...
B=100MHz FSB
C=133MHz FSB

Heres the other thing that takes the cake..

The original poster Said he had an ASUS A7V.....
Anyone know what the A7V is???
It's ASUS's first Socket A Board.....know what chipset it had?
VIA KT133...thats right.....KT133....not KT133A.....
No something else?? All ASUS A7V boards came with 4 IDE PORTS!

And im not talking about the ASUS A7 Pro or any other ones like it......he said A7V.....he also said it had the KT133...

Wanna know something else thats a real kicker???? Assuming his chip is an authentic 1000MHz T-Bird 'C' type??

It will default at 750MHz cuz the Multiplier is 7.5 and boards default at 100MHz FSB liek sum 1 already stated.....

Now....if it were a 750Mhz part....it would do the same thing......cuz its a 'B' type.....

Also....sum 1 grab the ASUS A7V133 and put it RIGHT next to the ASUS A7V........sum1 please tell me what they can notice different from the 2 by taking a quick glance....

Absolutley nothing.......EXCEPT a Fan on the Northbridge.......and if u look closer.....there 1 or 2 extra jumpers beside the PROMISE controlelr chip...and if u read the PROMISE chip..it'll said the words RAID on it...

A7V133 came with 4 IDE ports...JUST like the A7V did......only the A7V133 had raid though......and the A7V133 board had the KT133A.....

Now lets re-cap.....

Both the Asus A7V and the A7V133 have 4 IDE ports.......
Both look almost 100% identical....

Diference?

-133MHz FSB Processor support for 'C' type T-Bird and later on AXP due to the new KT133A chipset
-Northbridge Fan
-Raid

ALSO....assuming again his 1000MHz t-bird was a 'C' type and he had the "KT133A" why couldnt he run at 1000MHz (7.5 * 133) cuz the KT133 was a [-peep-] ASS chipset for Overclocking.....ur lucky to get over 112MHz FSB with it...the KT133A let ppl. reach 150MHz FSB.......therefore again im gonna agree with the original poster again saying like he said..
Quote:
Third AMD 1GHz chip on warranty. Also third Asus <b>A7V</b> via <b>KT133</b> chipset.

Id also like to apologize for being so harsh.....i feel however, that it was needed.....alogn side with me having a bad day...i know what was said here and ive had experience with both boards...both chipsets.....and all types of Athlon Processors aswell as my fair share of people who are to stuborn to try and listen to what people r telling them WHEN they ask for help.........Also because I have A LOT of respect for Matisaro....Matisaro and Crashman IMO r the 2 best and most well respected ppl. on this forum.............

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
August 9, 2002 11:13:54 AM

Quote:
C: this guy did 3 rma's and switched to intel making it seem like amd is broken for his own ignorance, so he deserved the light humilation I have given him.

You'd be more patient if it were the other way around......You always come to bat for AMD, so no suprises here. In any event, name calling has no place anywhere.......No one "deserves" to be humiliated out of ignorance.

This sig runs too hot.
August 9, 2002 1:12:33 PM

Has this forum gone and gotten rid of the trolls?

Even I of limited intelligence could gather that this guy did indeed have the KT133 chipset and not the KT133A. The 1ghz Athlons were by far the best crop of Athlons to date, so getting 3 "bad" ones is really hard to imagine.

This guy deserved the bashing after he wouldn't fess up to the fact that he didn't have a clue what he was buying, didn't do any research before hand, then wanted to blame somebody else because he couldn't figure it out.

He deserves his shiny new Intel processor.

<b>"These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary."
August 9, 2002 5:37:40 PM

No one in these forums should be insulting people personally. Maybe he was wrong, but we should all be grown up enough to let it go. Lets try to make everyones stay here at THGC an enjoyable one.

<b>Agent</b> <b><font color=green>81</b></font color=green> :cool:
August 9, 2002 6:24:43 PM

Especially if we're to get moderators soon...

--
You are about to witness crazy, mindless, eye-gagging, naive programming, welcome to FOX!
August 9, 2002 7:52:17 PM

Quote:
This guy deserved the bashing after he wouldn't fess up to the fact that he didn't have a clue what he was buying, didn't do any research before hand, then wanted to blame somebody else because he couldn't figure it out.

Well, this came after his original post, before he said anything concerning the possible mistake on his part.
By mat....
"Why, cause hes too stupid to realize that he has a 133fsb processor on a motherboard which does 100fsb? Im surprised they accepted his 3 previous rma's."

All because someone ELSE said "enjoy your P4" or something. And your last statement of
"He deserves his shiny new Intel processor."
Making that sound like some sort of punishment....That's in bad taste...Just because he didnt like an AMD, or had a bad experience w/ it......absurd.

This sig runs too hot.
August 9, 2002 9:33:26 PM

just remember....u cant tell when sum 1 is usign sarcasm by text......therefore u dotn nkow if he was serious....i know for a fact that Matisaro knows P4's (newer Northwoods anyways) are better than the fastest AXP.....

As far as buddy guys T-Bird 1Ghz system...i think its gone to waste now.....and no one can argue that fact either.....therefore i think anyone who wants to has the right to give criticism.......a computer going to waste...especially a 1GHz machine which could be put to such good use...is now doing nothing...

Anyways.....thats all i gotta say for this....my previous post in this Thread proved everything....

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
August 9, 2002 9:51:43 PM

I probably shouldnt perpetuate this argument, especially w/ people other than Mat, but he himself admitted to "deservedly humiliating" the poster.

There is no sign of sarcasm there......Sarcasm can be seen in text....Either by the presence of Irony, or far reaching context of the statement. I know a lot of people like Mat here, but hey, no one is perfect.
I also know calling someone stupid just because they're unfamiliar w/ something, or because he bought a P4.....is wrong.

This sig runs too hot.
August 10, 2002 12:02:52 AM

I am the proud owner of a 1.7 GHtz Celeron based system. I DID do research and found that it would be more cost effective to go with that then a 1.3 GHtz Duron. Going with Intel is not always a bad thing. He is obviously satisfied with his new P4, and that's what counts.
August 10, 2002 12:21:09 AM

I'll admit my "Intel" statement was in bad judgement and taste, so I'll retract that.

This guy had no intention of asking for help, but even when the answer was presented to him, he refused to acknowledge his mistake. The whole point of his post was to tell everyone how bad his 3 Amd chips were and that he was switching to Intel. And now I'm the bad guy because I felt he deserved what he got.

His post should have simply read, Switching to Intel... Any suggestions. He brought it upon himself by blatently bashing a CPU that wasn't to blame.

Sorry had to throw my last 2 cents in. Washing my hands of this thread. Nice to be back in the mix though.

<b>"These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary."
August 10, 2002 12:40:22 AM

Quote:
"Can anyone explain how this person could not get three cpus to post properly?"

Easy: DEFECTIVE CHIPS. Although it's unlikely to get 3 of them in a row, it's still possible.

Most likely is lack of research! An Athlon133 cannot run on Asus A7V with FSB133. Apparently, he didn't check that before buying them!!!

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
August 10, 2002 12:54:14 AM

Quote:
The original poster Said he had an ASUS A7V.....
Anyone know what the A7V is???
It's ASUS's first Socket A Board.....know what chipset it had?
VIA KT133...thats right.....KT133....not KT133A.....
No something else?? All ASUS A7V boards came with 4 IDE PORTS!

And im not talking about the ASUS A7 Pro or any other ones like it......he said A7V.....he also said it had the KT133...

Wanna know something else thats a real kicker???? Assuming his chip is an authentic 1000MHz T-Bird 'C' type??

It will default at 750MHz cuz the Multiplier is 7.5 and boards default at 100MHz FSB liek sum 1 already stated.....

Now....if it were a 750Mhz part....it would do the same thing......cuz its a 'B' type.....

Exactly, we all made a good attempt to help and he changed his story made incorrect assumptions to justify his mistake, and it pissed me off so I flamed him a bit.

August 10, 2002 12:56:32 AM

Quote:
You'd be more patient if it were the other way around......You always come to bat for AMD, so no suprises here. In any event, name calling has no place anywhere.......No one "deserves" to be humiliated out of ignorance.

I come to bat for intelligence and if anyone makes stupid mistakes AFTER being ASSISTED by me and others, and denies what we have told him in a vain attempt to shift the blame of his own ignorance they will be humiliated as applicable.

August 10, 2002 12:58:50 AM

Quote:
By mat....
"Why, cause hes too stupid to realize that he has a 133fsb processor on a motherboard which does 100fsb? Im surprised they accepted his 3 previous rma's."

All because someone ELSE said "enjoy your P4" or something. And your last statement of
Making that sound like some sort of punishment....That's in bad taste...Just because he didnt like an AMD, or had a bad experience w/ it......absurd.

I didnt like the posters claim his issues were amds fault, and when HIS mistake was pointed out, he made up crap(mistakenly) to cover it.

I didnt personally insult him till he repeatedly rebuffed attempts to help him and I felt his post was a troll.

August 10, 2002 1:00:33 AM

Quote:
just remember....u cant tell when sum 1 is usign sarcasm by text......therefore u dotn nkow if he was serious....i know for a fact that Matisaro knows P4's (newer Northwoods anyways) are better than the fastest AXP.....

Yep, people think im some kind of amd fan, but I just proclaim and defend my positions strongly, before the northwood amd was the way to go, period. More oc, cheaper, faster. Not anymore, and I have suggested intel to people many times since the northwood.

August 10, 2002 1:01:34 AM

Quote:
I probably shouldnt perpetuate this argument, especially w/ people other than Mat, but he himself admitted to "deservedly humiliating" the poster.

There is no sign of sarcasm there......Sarcasm can be seen in text....Either by the presence of Irony, or far reaching context of the statement. I know a lot of people like Mat here, but hey, no one is perfect.
I also know calling someone stupid just because they're unfamiliar w/ something, or because he bought a P4.....is wrong.

I humiliated him deservingly in my SECOND post, after he made crap up to justify his ignorance.

August 10, 2002 1:03:52 AM

"I come to bat for intelligence and if anyone makes stupid mistakes AFTER being ASSISTED by me and others, and denies what we have told him in a vain attempt to shift the blame of his own ignorance they will be humiliated as applicable."

We all make mistakes, but that is no excuse to ridicule someone. As I said before, he's happy with the system he's got now, that's what really counts.

Knowledge is the key to understanding
!