probing software

ani

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2002
Hi, I have an asus A7v333. I also have an Antec power supply that automaticall throttles the fan speed based on temperature. I am having a problem with the asus pc probe software. When the system is idle the fan speed drops below the minimum threshold that the asus pc probe software allows you to configure. So at Idle the fan speed alarm beeps every second. I may just have to unplug the polling connect from the mobo, but I was wondering if there was any software out that will probe the asus motherboard that is a little more robust. Thanks for your time.

-l

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
ahhhh. yet another satisfied analprobe user i see :lol: .
i suggest you use Motherboard Monitor 5. many of us regulars here use it.
[ur]www.livewiredev.com[/url]

<b>Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped! :cool: </b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
no?
get odd readings? rediculously high readings? zero? negative readings?
if thats the case then you unfortunately have to manually configure each of the probes.

<b>Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped! :cool: </b>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
i dont know of any reason why it shouldnt work...
but on instillation it looks and chooses what it thinks are the right probes to monitor, and occasionally it doesnt pick very well.
i.e. with mine it said my 3.3v line was 1.5v (obviously it confused the 3.3v line with the agp voltage)

it just needs a bit of manual adjustment.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You can always disable its alarm by unchecking it in <font color=red>Monitoring</font color=red> tab.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by khha4113 on 07/25/02 09:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>