Do you think this software really works or is a gimmik

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
this software is suppose to allow you to login twice with different users thus making 1computer function as 2computers with 2 keyboards and mice. wondering if this software would really work to say allow one user to play a video game while the otgher user logs in and surfs the web or if possably 2 users play the same video game with different logins and such from the same machine but usin different monitors or stations sorta speak

http://www.miniframe.com/technology/softxpand.html

if this is for real im wondering if there is better or known software that does this like brand name software or somthin

emesis

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2008
This is possible with server editions of Windows (right now I have about seven people remoted in to one machine) and remote desktop. So I don't see why a PC with multimonitor support couldn't do this with enough USB ports to support the keyboards / mice.

Just remember that resources are finite, so you probably won't be able to play two modern games at the same time. And I'd be careful to check on the details - there might be a caveat such as no full screen with multiple sessions logged on or something like that.

WINTERLORD

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
ok yo bring up another question i have. you said you have people remoted into your computer could i take a laptop and say sit on my porch with it and play a video game but using the desktops resorces to play the game on my laptop on porch