MN-520 - PCMCIA Unknown Manufacturer

Last response: in Networking
Share
January 15, 2005 11:34:59 PM

Hello everyone,

System: Dell Laptop, Windows XP, SP2, MN-520

I am trying to install this card and keep getting PCMCIA
Unknown_Manufacturer when it is plugged in. I run the
hardware setup and it cannot find the software/driver so
I select it manually (Microsoft (R) - Microsoft Broadband
Networking Wireless Notebook Adapter, and then the power
light on the card goes out and it says "Error Code 10,
cannot start" !! You would think that XP would atleast
recognize one of its own :)

Any thoughts? Cheers, thanks.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 11:43:32 PM

you need to download the software from Microsoft for the adapter and
let it set it up.
!