Windows 7 freezes every first time that i turn on my pc

bassist12345

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Every day that i turn on my computer, my windows 7 gets frozen and i need to do a hard reboot so i can use my pc normally.

I didn't get a blue screen...windows only stay with frozen screen (it can stays freeze for hours) , without error, without log..i don't know what to do to figure out what's going on.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

David

Dieverse

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
It could be a Heat issue, if your cpu is overheating , need more thermal paste or you might just need to clean out you pc on the inside, alot of dust can build up on the fans and heat sink. Does it adventually unfreeze or just stay frozen? If it starts working after a bit it could be a ram / memory issue and does it freeze as soon as it boots up? or do you leave yer computer in sleep mode?

bassist12345

Honorable
Mar 8, 2013

A heat issue? It only happens on first day boot.

I never leave my computer in sleep mode and when it freezes, it stay frozen until i turn off. After the second boot, my computer has a normal functionality.

imapc

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Does the computer boot to safe mode properly? Myself and someone else have the same issue where it goes to a frozen desktop after doing the latest Windows 7 updates from 3/12/13.

Abhilash Sukumari

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
I don't think its the CPU over heat. I am currently facing the same problem. Also after the first forced restart the second time it shows up normal functionality.

I dont really know what is the problem. But I am gonna try a safe mode boot and post what I see later.

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Normally when a machine wont start from cold-boot but will from a warm-boot (restart) it turns out to be a capacitor at fault somewhere. Either on the motherboard or in the PSU.

Some times with older (mainly IDE) hard drives it takes them a while to fully initialise, by which time the machine has already done it's POST. In some motherboards BIOS there is a Delay for HDD option which can solve this.

I also recommend trying safe mode from a cold-boot to see what happens.

EDIT: Very odd that it works with safe mode o.o

yapchagi

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
have u solved this problem? I have this problem too. Only every first time I turn it on. I hit the reset button, then everything will work normally. I hate to leave the PC on 24 hour just to avoid the freeze.