So here's a bit of a challenge for the fine people on this site, You helped me a lot with my PC it came out wonderfully, and now I have the money to buy a laptop, so let's help me pick it out.
1. What is your budget? 700$ I can go up to 800 though
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? doesn't matter
3. What screen resolution do you want? doesn't matter
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? For gaming, so I think desktop replacement.
5. How much battery life do you need? doesn't matter
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? High
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Not Much
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 250 GB's
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. I'm not
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I have no particular preference
13. What country do you live in? 90026
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The challenge here is that I do not want to buy it online, any store within my America area code will do, but I can't buy online, and I can't do delivery, reason? I really want to get this done as quickly as possible (even if it means a ding in price) So please help me. Thank you so much for your time.
The best bang for buck laptop ive seen in awhile is the HP Probook 4530S for around $475 - $500. If you want to spend a little more, then look for a Toshiba, Sony, or Lenovo with a 2nd gen Intel core i5 CPU. Heck if you can sneak in a Core i7 CPU, that would be even better, but try to follow those manufacturers above.