Portable Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeGamer

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Hi hi guys and gals!

I am looking at getting a (pretty cheap) laptop for day to day office work; and one that can play games as well when the mood takes me (ah the joys of working for oneself) - I am travelling more and more these days, and missing gaming when out and about, so wondering how this would stack up/handle things:

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/Acer_Aspire_5742G_1070068.html

Or this one for the more ultraportable option (with the nice 13.3" screen/low weight etc.)

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_ProBook_4320s_1066236.html

They both look good to me, but i am well aware my experience is somewhat limited when it comes to laptops and portable GPU's (etc.) - The Acer looks to be quite a bit more powerful, and nice size too - but i don't know the difference in processors well enough to know if this is indeed the case, or just getting blinded by lots of tech data

In short, if either/both of these can handle LOTRO/WoW/Call of Duty on medium(ish) graphics then i will be a very happy bunny indeed, and will order today :)

If not... And i am being hopelessly optimistic, then please do let me know :)

Thanks all!

Since both are not respectable brands, id go with the ACER becouse it has better specs.
They should manage med since the resolution is not too high.
Unfortunatelly it will also depend on the cooling.

HomeGamer

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
"not respectable brands"

Umm... I thought both HP and Acer were relatively respected?

You say 'also depend on cooling' - Can get a laptop cooling station easily enough if that will really make a difference?

Will the smaller HP still be powerful enough to game on? Seriously tempted because of the much smaller size (and increased portability) - but as you say, the Acer does have bigger specs and looks like a lot more 'bang for my buck' as it were.

Appreciate the response

Status
Not open for further replies.