XP mult. unlocking problem

Junkkyy

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2002
Ok, got my XP 1.67Ghz, and I unlocked it so I could mess with the multiplier. Sort of anyway...

The problem is that after connecting all the L1 bridges, the multiplier seems to be locked at 11x. I can try setting the multiplier differently, and it will let me set it at 10.5, 11, 11.5 12, 12.5, and 13 just fine, but it still boots stuck at 11. Also, if I try and set the mutliplier to 10 or below, it will not boot- just blackness, no beeping.

I have an ABIT KX7333, and would like to crank that multiplier down quite a bit and try out 170FSB or so, but this XP is unstable beyond 160FSB (x11=1760Ghz).

So somehow I have relocked my multiplier at at 11, and everything seems to be connected well on the L1 bridges. They are all connected (checked with multimeter), and there are gaps between the connections and everything else. I suppose I could wipe it all off and start again, but I honestly don't have time. Does anyone know what will cause this sort of behavior and how I can fix it easily?

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway

BuddyAtBzboyz

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2002
I just assume you did it wrong. Did you fill the gap with non conductive material first? Then go over it with the conductive material. I heard that is how you have to do it. But then I have never tried.