formatted, no name, MP3 player

Status
Not open for further replies.

allsops

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2001
Ok... I just bought a no name MP3 player off of EBay, I think it came from Hong Kong.
When I first plugged it in to the computer it registered properly as a removable HD (i didn't realize this was how it was supposed to work at the time) but i noticed some weird "foreign" MP3's on it so I formatted the player, not realizing that formatting erased the drivers needed for it to register as a removable HD. Before unplugging it I copied one song on as a test, the one song plays no problem, the player still seems to have its OS installed properly, but I can't get the thing to register as a removable HD again. Can anyone help me out... I tried emailing the guy who sold it to me but he barely spoke english and just told me to spend another 50 bucks on mailing it back to him!

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Just an idea:
See if you can figure out what it's a generic version of, and try to download the firmware from them. For example there was a generic version of the 128MB Creative MuVo floating around last year, and it was EXACTLY the same as the name brand except it didn't have the Creative decals.

Good luck.

<font color=blue>Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.</font color=blue>

Status
Not open for further replies.