Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Inspiron 7000 Bios reports no hd?

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
November 11, 2004 2:26:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I have an old Inspiron 7000 laptop and recently it quit working and refuses to
boot. At powerup I press F2 and get the PhoenixBIOS setup utility, Under Main tab
it says Hard disk "None". Floppy disk drive and CD work ok.
FDISK also reports "No fixed disks present".

It there anything I can do? Is the HD dead as a doornail? (sniff, sob)

What should I do with it?
Give it a decent burial?
Use it for target practise?
Use it for boat anchor?
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 2:26:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

123 wrote:
> I have an old Inspiron 7000 laptop and recently it quit working and
> refuses to boot. At powerup I press F2 and get the PhoenixBIOS setup
> utility, Under Main tab it says Hard disk "None". Floppy disk drive
> and CD work ok.
> FDISK also reports "No fixed disks present".
>
> It there anything I can do? Is the HD dead as a doornail? (sniff, sob)
>
> What should I do with it?
> Give it a decent burial?
> Use it for target practise?
> Use it for boat anchor?

Replace the HD. Not very expensive. www.newegg.com as an example of
how inexpensive a new HD can be.

Q
November 12, 2004 1:43:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote:

>123 wrote:
>> I have an old Inspiron 7000 laptop and recently it quit working and
>> refuses to boot. At powerup I press F2 and get the PhoenixBIOS setup
>> utility, Under Main tab it says Hard disk "None". Floppy disk drive
>> and CD work ok.
>> FDISK also reports "No fixed disks present".
>>
>> It there anything I can do? Is the HD dead as a doornail? (sniff, sob)
>>
>> What should I do with it?
>> Give it a decent burial?
>> Use it for target practise?
>> Use it for boat anchor?
>
>Replace the HD. Not very expensive. www.newegg.com as an example of
>how inexpensive a new HD can be.
>
>Q
>

I'm contemplating on buying an external HD since the unit had problems with fans.
It has two PCMCIA card slots. Anyway I was planning to retire it to using net.

Anyone need a replacement? The LCD is in great condition with no dead pixels.
Related resources
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 8:07:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
news:3fj7p0h484kcf71isom3pmlce5o93on2jn@4ax.com...
> "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote:
> >Replace the HD. Not very expensive. www.newegg.com as an example of
> >how inexpensive a new HD can be.
> >
> >Q
> >
>
> I'm contemplating on buying an external HD since the unit had problems
with fans.
> It has two PCMCIA card slots. Anyway I was planning to retire it to using
net.
>
> Anyone need a replacement? The LCD is in great condition with no dead
pixels.


123,

E-mail me please with info (cost, shipping.....).
--
Louie
Chiefland, FL, USA 29.30N 82.52W
(eat the flies to email)


---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.794 / Virus Database: 538 - Release Date: 11/10/04
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 6:49:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

123,
I'd be interested. How much??
TIA
Keith
"123" <bogus@mail.address.com> wrote in message
news:3fj7p0h484kcf71isom3pmlce5o93on2jn@4ax.com...
> "Quaoar" <quaoar@tenthplanet.net> wrote:
>
> >123 wrote:
> >> I have an old Inspiron 7000 laptop and recently it quit working and
> >> refuses to boot. At powerup I press F2 and get the PhoenixBIOS setup
> >> utility, Under Main tab it says Hard disk "None". Floppy disk drive
> >> and CD work ok.
> >> FDISK also reports "No fixed disks present".
> >>
> >> It there anything I can do? Is the HD dead as a doornail? (sniff, sob)
> >>
> >> What should I do with it?
> >> Give it a decent burial?
> >> Use it for target practise?
> >> Use it for boat anchor?
> >
> >Replace the HD. Not very expensive. www.newegg.com as an example of
> >how inexpensive a new HD can be.
> >
> >Q
> >
>
> I'm contemplating on buying an external HD since the unit had problems
with fans.
> It has two PCMCIA card slots. Anyway I was planning to retire it to using
net.
>
> Anyone need a replacement? The LCD is in great condition with no dead
pixels.
>
!