benedict

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2002
Do you know whether AMD plans to decrease the CPU price or not? As intel seems to decrease the cpu price on 1st sept.

PCcashCow

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2002
AMD has already reduced prices. Step one is now older believe it or not, so now that older amd's (tbirds) have declined.

-Tim

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller.

Dinski

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2002
They haven't told me yet ;-)))
When the Opteron appears, they will drop the prices, be sure! Of course, the prices for the low-end CPU (like Durons). The OPteron will be the most expensive Desktop CPU when it appears.

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Dinski on 07/31/02 09:47 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

zeexen

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2002
That will be in 2003, not in september.

Like PCcashCow said: AMD has already reduced prices.
I'll doubt if they will/can go down anymore.

The fastest cpu of today will be slow on the same day next year. :mad:

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
Currently, AMD prices are selling well below their MSRP, and while AMD could lower the price by a large ammount, I think they're waiting for their next CPU before they drop the prices. When they're not selling as many CPUs as they would like, it's best to get what you can for them.

Forum Gigolo wanabe

sonoran

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2002
"AMD could lower the price by a large ammount"

Hmmm, they're already losing money (and have been for several quarters), and you think they can lower prices a lot more....

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
I still think that AMD should have retained higher prices. Then they could be reducing their prices right now and making people happy. Heh heh. And they'd have probably made more money. (No guarantees though.)

Oh well. They sure can't raise their prices now. Not without a reasonable performance gain at least...

<A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/171.htm" target="_new">The corpse you find may be your own.</A> - Black Mage

TRENDING THREADS