MN-700 NAT Support

I am trying to run an ftp server on my machine, I added
the Persistent Port Forwarding for the ftp server with
inpound ports set 21-21, private ip is set to the machine
that is running the server, and private ports set 21-21,
still can't access the server, I can log to it fine, but I
can't list directory, I beleive it's a NAT problem, any
body know a fix to this problem?

a lot of ISPs (like Cox HSI) filter port 21, so you'll
never be able to get an ftp server online with port 21.

I am affraid your answer is wrong, my server works fine
with a DLink 614+, here is what I came up with, when any
one try to log my the ftp server, he gets connected to the
router Management Tool Login prompt, The router login
prompt is happening because the router has a web based
configuration and is listening on port 80. I need to
change the port that the configuration is listening on and
then forward port 80 to the proper IP internal IP address
of my web server, also, when I am on the same network as
the FTP server and getting the error, most likely the
router is not configured or does not support NAT
loopback. This means the router is not configured or does
not support allowing a local connection to go external and
then back internal.
I was told to configure the local HOST file on each PC to
direct requests for the domain to the local IP address of
the ftp server. The HOST file is located on each PC under
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\Drivers\etc and can be opened with a
plain text editor, such as Notepad. I tried doing so, but
I got stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well dude, on Cox HSI my answer is right. They block inbound 21, so no
amount of redirecting on the router will solve that problem. I presented it
as a possibility, so don't be so quick to yell I'm wrong.

>I am affraid your answer is wrong, my server works fine
> with a DLink 614+, here is what I came up with, when any
> one try to log my the ftp server, he gets connected to the
> router Management Tool Login prompt, The router login
> prompt is happening because the router has a web based
> configuration and is listening on port 80. I need to
> change the port that the configuration is listening on and
> then forward port 80 to the proper IP internal IP address
> of my web server, also, when I am on the same network as
> the FTP server and getting the error, most likely the
> router is not configured or does not support NAT
> loopback. This means the router is not configured or does
> not support allowing a local connection to go external and
> then back internal.
> I was told to configure the local HOST file on each PC to
> direct requests for the domain to the local IP address of
> the ftp server. The HOST file is located on each PC under
> C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\Drivers\etc and can be opened with a
> plain text editor, such as Notepad. I tried doing so, but
> I got stuck, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can any one help, PLEASE..........................

would someone help please...........................