Sign in with
Your question

Any app that measures total Watt power?

Last response: in CPUs
August 1, 2002 3:47:56 AM

Does anyone know any app that can measure the total watts used on my 300W Antec PSU? I would like to know so I can calculate the average load on my UPS, along with the monitor and sound system.

--
The sound of determination is the echo of will...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 08/01/02 00:16 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 1, 2002 4:54:12 PM

Don't think they exist... and it will be very difficult to calculate the total power your mobo is using.

Due to the current economical depression it is forbidden to laugh at work.
August 1, 2002 5:14:21 PM

yes there is and you can.

there were about 5 or 6 post in the last months that replied to the prog. give them a search ill think of it.

-Tim

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller.
Related resources
August 1, 2002 5:34:02 PM

there is a free one that i can remember using called MBM5RM
geekutility.com may have it
but i know theres a nother... its like 20 bucks for the shareware.. just cant remeber

-tim

It seems that every time I reboot my wallet gets smaller.
a b à CPUs
August 1, 2002 6:43:57 PM

People might say there is, but I doubt the accuracy of any of these programs because there is no HARDWARE to make the test work, aka there is no AMP METER in the system.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>
a b à CPUs
August 1, 2002 6:44:34 PM

BTW, I said Amp Meter because I'm not sure how to spell ameter.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had ask more questions first!</font color=blue>
August 1, 2002 6:59:30 PM

Isn't amps just short for amperes?

:lol:  Finally, I get a capitalized title!! WOOT!! :lol: 
August 1, 2002 7:36:57 PM

correct!

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!
August 1, 2002 9:26:25 PM

Well 2 choices, there are a few smart UPS's with reporting that will tell you power consumption.

Professional power meters are kinda expensive, Enermax makes one. too lazy to dig up link atm

You are limited to what your mind can perceive.
August 1, 2002 9:46:07 PM

That's the prob, my UPS is a simple-signaling one, it can't read!

I do have MBM5 to the one who told me, though I never found any place in it that says power usage. Also how come there are no amp readers anywhere on the web!

The only hint I have so far is that my system ain't over 300W, that's fer sure, but even my 17" monitor on the back won't reveal the W. It says 110V and 1.8A, but I wholeheartedly doubt a 17" CRT would use above 200W!

--
The sound of determination is the echo of will...
a b à CPUs
August 2, 2002 3:37:55 AM

Well, hooking one up to your power supply would be difficult, but the cord going to your power supply would be simple enough. If you want to read the whole system, you could hook a meter up to the power core going into your UPS (as long as the batter is charged).

August 2, 2002 3:41:33 AM

I don't get what you mean.
Hooking what?

--
a b à CPUs
August 2, 2002 5:15:45 AM

Watts is Amps x Volts, you could hook an ameter to the power cord and tell how much INPUT power the system consumes.

August 2, 2002 8:51:52 PM

ammeter

<b><font color=blue>~ BIOS SETTINGS: Fast, Hot, Unstable...That ought to work. ~</font color=blue></b> :wink:
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 2, 2002 9:05:01 PM

ROFL.

110 volts plus 1.8 amps from an alternative current not a DC one.

dont mix alternative & direct current. :lol: 

i've plugged my home blower to my case ... dunno what happen ... that works?!?
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 2, 2002 10:07:54 PM

& whos Mr Paradise?

LoL

i've plugged my home blower to my case ... dunno what happen ... that works?!?
August 3, 2002 12:52:19 AM

Sadly I haven't taken these electrical classes yet. I only got the basics in science class, such as serial and parallel, the standard measures excluding hertz. W,V,A, Joules, basically TIA.
I was hoping we'd get to Hertz, but that isn't a measure really and it varies anywhere.

--
August 3, 2002 2:39:03 AM

Ammeter..:) 

If ya don't ask..How ya gonna know.
a b à CPUs
August 3, 2002 2:55:09 AM

Who you calling an amature? J/K! I could have looked up the spelling, but I was too lazy to open another program.

!