What do you play on?

I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
where we'd put him.

So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

Thanks,

-Will
36 answers Last reply
More about what play

    Five folding card tables and a large piece of whiteboard scored into one
    inch squares.

    6 players, 1 DM and enough room to run a battle.

    "Will Green" <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
    > plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
    > reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
    > bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
    > where we'd put him.
    >
    > So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    > suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -Will

    Play on - stained old battlemat, kitchen table, 6 players 1 DM. We used
    games workshop floor plans in the 80's but they where fiddly, shite and
    no fun for non dungeon stuff.

    equipment -

    Coffee overload & biscuits

    afterwards

    "Black Sheep" beer in local

    Will Green wrote:
    > I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
    > plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
    > reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
    > bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
    > where we'd put him.
    >
    > So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    > suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

    I've got a 3' x 3' folding card table that I've been using for awhile,
    and it has the same problem of leaving no room after the DM screen &
    battlemat.

    I recently supplemented it with a set of TV trays: wooden ones from
    Target ($30 for a set of 4) that have a flat top. (Some varieties are
    metal with a lip around the edge, which probably wouldn't work as
    well). Aside from being easy to store away in a small space, they have
    the advantage of being nice and modular: they can move around, or be
    put next to each other for a slightly bigger space. Also, it makes it
    easy to keep books, etc. on one, and keep chips and drinks separate on
    a different one which keeps character sheets from getting stained as
    much :)

    -Pat

    Christopher Adams wrote:
    > Murf wrote:
    > > Play on - stained old battlemat, kitchen table, 6 players 1 DM. We used
    > > games workshop floor plans in the 80's but they where fiddly, shite and
    > > no fun for non dungeon stuff.
    >
    > I like playing at a proper large dining-table arrangement but unfortunately none
    > of the people I play with care for it. So it's books in the lap and character
    > sheets draped over the arm of the couch, rolling dice wherever we can for us.

    We're Knights of the Sofa Set, too. I'm ambivalent, really. A table
    setup does help keep everyone's attention, but I'm the type of DM who
    likes to be on my feet while I think, roleplay an NPC, or describe
    something. Otherwise, my station is a director's chair and a TV tray.

    For combat, we use a big, plastic sewing board which just happens to
    have a 1-inch grid layout. We lay this on the floor, and use our son's
    blocks for scenery and staging. Pente stones make good faceless mooks,
    spell effects, or summoned monsters if there's no adequate mini handy.
    Works great.

    --
    Jay Knioum
    The Mad Afro

    Murf wrote:
    > Play on - stained old battlemat, kitchen table, 6 players 1 DM. We used
    > games workshop floor plans in the 80's but they where fiddly, shite and
    > no fun for non dungeon stuff.

    I like playing at a proper large dining-table arrangement but unfortunately none
    of the people I play with care for it. So it's books in the lap and character
    sheets draped over the arm of the couch, rolling dice wherever we can for us.

    Lame.

    > equipment -
    >
    > Coffee overload & biscuits

    Can't stand coffee, but plenty of Vanilla Coke (or Pepsi Max if I'm being good
    about my weight) is my poison.

    --
    Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
    What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

    Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
    SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
    Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.

    Alien mind control rays made Will Green <will_j_green@yxaxhxoxox.com> write:
    > So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    > suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

    we use a 3'x5' whiteboard which i picked up as work surplus for a song,
    scored into 1"x1" grid. plus couches and folding tv trays for laptops.

    --
    \^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
    \ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Chris Christian wrote:
    > We play around my massive dining room table that seats eight comfortably. Our
    > battle map is a set of LEGO base plates and our figurines are LEGO mini-figs.
    > A wide assortment of strange and wondrous LEGO creatures are used as monsters.
    >
    > Sample pictures:
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-3.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-5.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-6.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-7.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-8.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-9.html
    >
    > Jester

    Nice!

    I can attest to this, by the way. Lego works remarkably well as a
    battlemat. Sadly, the last time I got an opportunity to use it as such
    was in high school, for 2nd Ed, but I'd go with it again in a
    heartbeat, if we had easy access to Lego blocks.

    Laszlo

    Will Green wrote:
    > So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    > suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

    Old P200 desktop. In the rare cases where I don't game online, a coffee
    table to hold the books and roll dice on; I don't use miniatures.

    Brandon

    We play around my massive dining room table that seats eight comfortably. Our
    battle map is a set of LEGO base plates and our figurines are LEGO mini-figs.
    A wide assortment of strange and wondrous LEGO creatures are used as monsters.

    Sample pictures:
    http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-3.html
    http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-5.html
    http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-6.html
    http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-7.html
    http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-8.html
    http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-9.html

    Jester

    Behold! for Will Green <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> spake unto the
    multitude thus:

    >So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    >suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

    Sofas and coffee table. A few 2'x3' bits of white-painted hardboard
    marked with 1" squares (much cheaper and lighter than a whiteboard).

    Alternatively, proper chairs and a dining table, but it gets
    uncomfortable after 3 hours or so.

    --
    Jim or Sarah Davies, but probably Jim

    D&D and Star Fleet Battles stuff on http://www.aaargh.org

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:49:30 -0400, "Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net>
    scribed into the ether:

    ><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
    >> I can attest to this, by the way. Lego works remarkably well as a
    >> battlemat. Sadly, the last time I got an opportunity to use it as such
    >> was in high school, for 2nd Ed, but I'd go with it again in a
    >> heartbeat, if we had easy access to Lego blocks.
    >
    >Yeah, I can see that. Unfortunately, Lego got like super expensive since I
    >was a kid,

    Actually, legos have always been expensive. You just don't see it cause the
    money isn't coming out of your wallet.

    pluther wrote:

    > Will Green wrote:
    >
    >>I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
    >>plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
    >>reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
    >>bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
    >>where we'd put him.
    >>
    >>So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    >>suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?
    >

    > I've got a 3' x 3' folding card table that I've been using for awhile,
    > and it has the same problem of leaving no room after the DM screen &
    > battlemat.

    In the basement I have a 7 or 8 foot long folding table of the
    banquet variety. Upstairs, there's the kitchen table which can have
    leaves added to make it over 7 feet long. In the living room there's a
    bunch of separate chairs, separate coffee tables, etc. Where we play
    depends on several factors. Using a folding card table is definitely
    out, though.

    --
    Sea Wasp
    /^\

    DM70 wrote:
    > "Will Green" <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote in message
    > > what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    > > suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

    > We game at the dining room/kitchen table, usually supplemented by a card
    > table and as DM I usually keep a small tray table or chair next to me for
    > stuff I need but want to keep offthe main table surface.

    Ditto; depending on whose house were at, we play either on a ping pong
    table or large (10') dining table.

    > We have a huge battlemat now (one of my players drew it on a CAD program
    > at work), so the extra space helps.

    Nice.
    Lately, we've been using a large vinyl battlemat with 1" squares that
    one person (no kids, disposable income) bought.

    Previously we've used self-printed battlemats, too, using clear Contact
    paper on foam board or very thin plywood. I prefer 1/2" squares, as we
    find that the battle moves around a lot.
    We gave up on minis and use little colored cardboard chits with the
    players names (or numbers for NPCs and monsters)
    Lately, dry-erase markers seem to quickly degrade the Contact paper
    (and doesn't wipe off completely) so I'll probably go back to wet erase.

    "Will Green" <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
    > plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
    > reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
    > bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
    > where we'd put him.
    >
    > So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    > suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

    We game at the dining room/kitchen table, usually supplemented by a card
    table and as DM I usually keep a small tray table or chair next to me for
    stuff I need but want to keep offthe main table surface. We have a huge
    battlemat now (one of my players drew it on a CAD program at work), so the
    extra space helps. Thanksfully, we have about three places we could play
    where this set-up is available (one being my house). The DM (me,
    conveniently enough) gets a computer desk chair for comfort, but most
    everyone else makes do with kitchen chairs or folding chairs.

    My suggestion would be to buy a large kitchen table at a yard sale. If you
    have a room for gaming, don't worry about what the top looks like. Make or
    buy the largest battlemat possible (ours covers the entire table with the
    leaf in) and use contact paper to laminate it right onto the table surface.
    This also works great to make notes, track HP, etc. as you can write all
    over the table with dry erase markers. If this is not possible, pick up a
    5' or 6' folding table from Wal-Mart or other discount store. I saw one
    earlier in the week for less than $40 (US). Chairs may either be folding
    variety (metal/plastic) from a discount store, kitchen chairs from a yard
    sale, or PVC from a lawn/garden dept. During non-game days, the PVC chairs
    are great for out on the patio or porch.

    My $0.02.

    DM

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:39:18 GMT, "Christopher Adams"
    <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> carved upon a tablet of ether:

    > I like playing at a proper large dining-table arrangement but unfortunately none
    > of the people I play with care for it. So it's books in the lap and character
    > sheets draped over the arm of the couch, rolling dice wherever we can for us.

    I hate that. It's too hard to lay out a decent amount of paper (and
    thus information) for immediate access, likewise for books. It's hard
    to keep an eye on potential cheats, and it's too easy for people's
    attention to wander because they're more seperated and there's less of
    a focus.

    Besides, lounge chairs give me backache after a while, especially if I
    have to lean forward much (like you do if you've got your stuff on a
    coffee table.

    I vastly prefer a decent sized dining room table, or something
    similar, and plenty of spare chairs for the GM to stack reference
    materials on.

    --
    Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
    should be free."

    In the old days, we used sand tables. They'd be something like 4' x 8'
    with raised sides so the sand didn't get on the floor. You'd move the
    sand around to draw the floorplan, and use HO scale trees and stuff to
    dress it up.

    Best table I've played on (more recently) was a ping-pong table in
    someone's attic. Plenty of room for dice, minis, books, snacks, etc.

    Ralph Glatt

    Member, Old Farts Club

    <alordofchaos@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > DM70 wrote:
    >> "Will Green" <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote in message

    > Previously we've used self-printed battlemats, too, using clear Contact
    > paper on foam board or very thin plywood. I prefer 1/2" squares, as we
    > find that the battle moves around a lot.
    > We gave up on minis and use little colored cardboard chits with the
    > players names (or numbers for NPCs and monsters)
    > Lately, dry-erase markers seem to quickly degrade the Contact paper
    > (and doesn't wipe off completely) so I'll probably go back to wet erase.

    I agree. The dry erase markers are not as good as the wet erase for contact
    paper battlemats.

    DM

    Will Green <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote:
    ] So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
    ] suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

    Large table we can all sit at, with a rectangular sheet of green
    felt I picked up at a craft store. They had it marked down as no one
    wanted it. Manila folder dungeon tiles in scale on the felt.

    JimP.
    --
    http://www.linuxgazette.net/ Linux Gazette
    http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/ June 7, 2005

    Chris Christian <cjdc@nwlxgen02.jf.intel.com> wrote:
    > We play around my massive dining room table that seats eight comfortably. Our
    > battle map is a set of LEGO base plates and our figurines are LEGO mini-figs.
    > A wide assortment of strange and wondrous LEGO creatures are used as monsters.
    >
    > Sample pictures:
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-3.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-5.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-6.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-7.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-8.html
    > http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-9.html

    y'know, these pages would load a lot faster if you put real thumbnails
    in instead of scaling the full-size image.

    Keith

    Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> wrote:
    > Chris Christian <cjdc@nwlxgen02.jf.intel.com> wrote:
    >> We play around my massive dining room table that seats eight comfortably. Our
    >> battle map is a set of LEGO base plates and our figurines are LEGO mini-figs.
    >> A wide assortment of strange and wondrous LEGO creatures are used as monsters.
    >>
    >> Sample pictures:
    >> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-3.html
    >> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-5.html
    >> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-6.html
    >> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-7.html
    >> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-8.html
    >> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-9.html
    >
    > y'know, these pages would load a lot faster if you put real thumbnails
    > in instead of scaling the full-size image.

    .... but I should've also said it looks pretty cool.

    I considered something like this, but lack sufficient LEGO to make it
    work.

    My last group, we used a 3'x3' battlemat (I wonder where that ended up,
    too). Some of my players have since gotten into Heroscape, so there's a
    decent chance we'll be building the set piece battles, at least, with
    it.

    Keith

    Jeff Goslin wrote:

    > Yeah, I can see that. Unfortunately, Lego got like super expensive since I
    > was a kid, so I'm not about to go out and buy the lego I need for that. I
    > remember when legos were like 5 bucks for a huge bucket or something. Now
    > they are like 20 bucks for a little miniature model or something. Boo! I
    > used to really like playing with legos, too.

    I really don't much like the new Lego sets they have these days.
    I don't think they foster creativity so much as they establish
    conformity. "No, here is the *RIGHT* way to build this."

    <http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?cn=44&d=11&t=5> Big 1000 piece bucket for 20$. Not too bad.

    --
    "... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For within these Trials, we
    shall do what needs to be done."

    Christopher Adams wrote:
    > Murf wrote:
    > > Play on - stained old battlemat, kitchen table, 6 players 1 DM. We used
    > > games workshop floor plans in the 80's but they where fiddly, shite and
    > > no fun for non dungeon stuff.
    >
    > I like playing at a proper large dining-table arrangement but unfortunately none
    > of the people I play with care for it. So it's books in the lap and character
    > sheets draped over the arm of the couch, rolling dice wherever we can for us.
    >
    > Lame.

    I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.

    I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
    something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
    place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.

    --
    Justin Alexander Bacon
    http://www.thealexandrian.net

    Jeff Goslin wrote:
    > Yeah, I can see that. Unfortunately, Lego got like super expensive since I
    > was a kid, so I'm not about to go out and buy the lego I need for that.

    Garage sales can be your friend here. Lots of parents sell off their
    kid's legos (and other toys) super-cheap once they out-grow them.

    Back in the early '80s, when I was growing up, my mother was able to
    collect for me a truly awesome array of Star Wars toys as the kids who
    bought them in '79 hit their middle school years and out-grew them. I
    literally had four large AT-ATs to play with.

    --

    Justin Bacon wrote:

    > I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.
    >
    > I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
    > something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
    > place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.

    TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think I've ever seen
    one.

    As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one and the
    other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually covered with papers,
    computer parts, and the like.

    It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything, but it's
    irritating.

    --

    Christopher Adams wrote:

    > Justin Bacon wrote:
    >
    >>I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.
    >>
    >>I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
    >>something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
    >>place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.
    >

    > TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think I've ever seen
    > one.
    >
    > As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one and the
    > other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually covered with papers,
    > computer parts, and the like.
    >
    > It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything, but it's
    > irritating.

    We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with taut
    midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control into
    serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over backwards,
    side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number of heads
    pointing to the left and right).

    It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
    getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert navels.
    There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.

    - Ron ^*^

    Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in

    > Christopher Adams wrote:
    >
    >> Justin Bacon wrote:
    >>
    >>>I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.
    >>>
    >>>I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
    >>>something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
    >>>place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.
    >>

    >> TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think
    >> I've ever seen one.
    >>
    >> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
    >> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
    >> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
    >>
    >> It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything,
    >> but it's irritating.
    >
    > We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with
    > taut midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control
    > into serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over
    > backwards, side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number
    > of heads pointing to the left and right).
    >
    > It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
    > getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert
    > navels.
    > There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.
    >
    > - Ron ^*^

    You know - I almost want to read BATTLEHYMN's response to this post :-)

    --
    Shadow Wolf
    shadowolf3400 at yahoo dot com

    On 19 Jul 2005 19:02:47 -0500, Shadow Wolf
    <shadowolf3400@NOSPAMyahoo.invalid> raised a finger to the sky and
    proclaimed:

    >Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in
    >

    >> Christopher Adams wrote:

    >>> TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think
    >>> I've ever seen one.
    >>>
    >>> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
    >>> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
    >>> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
    >>>
    >>> It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything,
    >>> but it's irritating.
    >>
    >> We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with
    >> taut midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control
    >> into serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over
    >> backwards, side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number
    >> of heads pointing to the left and right).
    >>
    >> It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
    >> getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert
    >> navels.
    >> There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.
    >>
    >> - Ron ^*^
    >>

    >You know - I almost want to read BATTLEHYMN's response to this post :-)

    I just want the jpegs.

    --
    Either way, I hate you Count Chocula, if I didn't already.
    - Drifter Bob, rec.games.frp.dnd

    Werebat wrote:
    > Christopher Adams wrote:
    >
    > > Justin Bacon wrote:
    > >
    > >>I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.
    > >>
    > >>I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
    > >>something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
    > >>place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.
    > >

    > > TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think I've ever seen
    > > one.
    > >
    > > As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one and the
    > > other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually covered with papers,
    > > computer parts, and the like.
    > >
    > > It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything, but it's
    > > irritating.
    >
    > We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with taut
    > midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control into
    > serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over backwards,
    > side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number of heads
    > pointing to the left and right).
    >
    > It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
    > getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert navels.
    > There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.

    Rookie mistake. You need to coat the girls with honey; this will keep
    the dice from rolling into any crevices. Randomization does suffer a
    bit, but you can throw the dice slightly higher into the air to fix
    that.

    Please MAKE SURE that everyone leaves their metallic d4s at home,
    though, or to restrict their use to those sections of table which are
    into that kind of thing.

    Laszlo

    laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
    > Rookie mistake. You need to coat the girls with honey; this will keep
    > the dice from rolling into any crevices.

    You also get more of the guys willing to stay afterwards to help with
    cleaning off the table top.

    We used to use a "living table" made of nubile young women, too, but it
    was too hard to line up the grid marks and they kept getting worn
    off... or something.

    Mouse <mail141023@pop.net.invalid> wrote in

    > On 19 Jul 2005 19:02:47 -0500, Shadow Wolf
    > <shadowolf3400@NOSPAMyahoo.invalid> raised a finger to the sky and
    > proclaimed:
    >
    >>Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in
    >>

    >>> We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with
    >>> taut midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control
    >>> into serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over
    >>> backwards, side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number
    >>> of heads pointing to the left and right).
    >>>
    >>> It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
    >>> getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert
    >>> navels.
    >>> There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.
    >>>
    >>> - Ron ^*^
    >>>

    >>You know - I almost want to read BATTLEHYMN's response to this post :-)
    >
    > I just want the jpegs.

    What, you didn't catch those over on alt.binaries.erotica.tables? Or does
    your server not carry that group?

    --

    In article <J7fDe.53073$oJ.37994@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
    Christopher Adams <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> wrote:
    >As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one and the
    >other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually covered with papers,
    >computer parts, and the like.

    So if you know Hong, do you also know why he isn't around anymore?

    David Alex Lamb wrote:
    > Christopher Adams wrote:
    >
    >> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
    >> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
    >> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
    >
    > So if you know Hong, do you also know why he isn't around anymore?

    Yes. Yes, I do.

    Mainly it's because his Britannia campaign ground to a halt (I blame myself! I
    doomed it by joining!), and he's since become increasingly more interested in
    running Exalted. Since (all "creeping HEROisation of D&D" aside) he can't talk
    about non-d20 games here long-term, he spends most of his time at RPG.Net.

    --
    Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
    What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you
    understand?
    http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigeclasslist.html
    http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatelist.html

    Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
    SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
    Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.

    On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:33:46 GMT, "Christopher Adams"
    <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> dared speak in front of ME:

    >David Alex Lamb wrote:
    >> Christopher Adams wrote:
    >>
    >>> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
    >>> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
    >>> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
    >>
    >> So if you know Hong, do you also know why he isn't around anymore?
    >
    >Yes. Yes, I do.
    >
    >Mainly it's because his Britannia campaign ground to a halt (I blame myself! I
    >doomed it by joining!),

    Ah. And here I thought I was the only one with that curse.

    --
    Address no longer works.
    try removing all numbers from

    One of the voices in my head - or was it Christopher Adams? - just
    said...
    > David Alex Lamb wrote:
    > > Christopher Adams wrote:
    > >
    > >> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
    > >> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
    > >> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
    > >
    > > So if you know Hong, do you also know why he isn't around anymore?
    >
    > Yes. Yes, I do.
    >
    > Mainly it's because his Britannia campaign ground to a halt (I blame myself! I
    > doomed it by joining!), and he's since become increasingly more interested in
    > running Exalted. Since (all "creeping HEROisation of D&D" aside) he can't talk
    > about non-d20 games here long-term, he spends most of his time at RPG.Net.

    Thanks for the info, BTW. I'd noticed his absence both here and at
    ENWorld (not that I post much there myself, except in occasional
    bursts).

    What I really want to know is, where the heck is Wayne Shaw these days?

    On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 05:15:54 GMT, Jeff Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org>
    carved upon a tablet of ether:

    > Thanks for the info, BTW. I'd noticed his absence both here and at
    > ENWorld (not that I post much there myself, except in occasional
    > bursts).
    >
    > What I really want to know is, where the heck is Wayne Shaw these days?

    He's still on the DND-L mailing list. I think he left here a while
    back because he was no longer running a D&D game, so the discussions
    weren't worth the effort of wading through the flames anymore.

    --
    Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
    should be free."

Games Video Games