What do you play on?

Last response: in Video Games
July 10, 2005 9:31:39 PM

I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
where we'd put him.

So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

Thanks,

-Will

More about : play

Anonymous
July 10, 2005 10:45:34 PM

Five folding card tables and a large piece of whiteboard scored into one
inch squares.

6 players, 1 DM and enough room to run a battle.

"Will Green" <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote in message
> I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
> plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
> reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
> bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
> where we'd put him.
>
> So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
> suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Will
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 8:01:16 AM

Play on - stained old battlemat, kitchen table, 6 players 1 DM. We used
games workshop floor plans in the 80's but they where fiddly, shite and
no fun for non dungeon stuff.

equipment -

Coffee overload & biscuits

afterwards

"Black Sheep" beer in local
July 11, 2005 10:35:43 AM

Will Green wrote:
> I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
> plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
> reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
> bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
> where we'd put him.
>
> So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
> suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

I've got a 3' x 3' folding card table that I've been using for awhile,
and it has the same problem of leaving no room after the DM screen &
battlemat.

I recently supplemented it with a set of TV trays: wooden ones from
Target ($30 for a set of 4) that have a flat top. (Some varieties are
metal with a lip around the edge, which probably wouldn't work as
well). Aside from being easy to store away in a small space, they have
the advantage of being nice and modular: they can move around, or be
put next to each other for a slightly bigger space. Also, it makes it
easy to keep books, etc. on one, and keep chips and drinks separate on
a different one which keeps character sheets from getting stained as
much :)

-Pat
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 2:51:52 PM

Christopher Adams wrote:
> Murf wrote:
> > Play on - stained old battlemat, kitchen table, 6 players 1 DM. We used
> > games workshop floor plans in the 80's but they where fiddly, shite and
> > no fun for non dungeon stuff.
>
> I like playing at a proper large dining-table arrangement but unfortunately none
> of the people I play with care for it. So it's books in the lap and character
> sheets draped over the arm of the couch, rolling dice wherever we can for us.

We're Knights of the Sofa Set, too. I'm ambivalent, really. A table
setup does help keep everyone's attention, but I'm the type of DM who
likes to be on my feet while I think, roleplay an NPC, or describe
something. Otherwise, my station is a director's chair and a TV tray.

For combat, we use a big, plastic sewing board which just happens to
have a 1-inch grid layout. We lay this on the floor, and use our son's
blocks for scenery and staging. Pente stones make good faceless mooks,
spell effects, or summoned monsters if there's no adequate mini handy.
Works great.

--
Jay Knioum
The Mad Afro

Murf wrote:
> Play on - stained old battlemat, kitchen table, 6 players 1 DM. We used
> games workshop floor plans in the 80's but they where fiddly, shite and
> no fun for non dungeon stuff.

I like playing at a proper large dining-table arrangement but unfortunately none
of the people I play with care for it. So it's books in the lap and character
sheets draped over the arm of the couch, rolling dice wherever we can for us.

Lame.

> equipment -
>
> Coffee overload & biscuits

Can't stand coffee, but plenty of Vanilla Coke (or Pepsi Max if I'm being good
about my weight) is my poison.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you

Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.
July 11, 2005 6:10:12 PM

Alien mind control rays made Will Green <will_j_green@yxaxhxoxox.com> write:
> So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
> suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

we use a 3'x5' whiteboard which i picked up as work surplus for a song,
scored into 1"x1" grid. plus couches and folding tv trays for laptops.

--
\^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/&gt;
\ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chris Christian wrote:
> We play around my massive dining room table that seats eight comfortably. Our
> battle map is a set of LEGO base plates and our figurines are LEGO mini-figs.
> A wide assortment of strange and wondrous LEGO creatures are used as monsters.
>
> Sample pictures:
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-3.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-5.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-6.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-7.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-8.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-9.html
>
> Jester

Nice!

I can attest to this, by the way. Lego works remarkably well as a
battlemat. Sadly, the last time I got an opportunity to use it as such
was in high school, for 2nd Ed, but I'd go with it again in a
heartbeat, if we had easy access to Lego blocks.

Laszlo
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 8:08:16 PM

Will Green wrote:
> So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
> suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

Old P200 desktop. In the rare cases where I don't game online, a coffee
table to hold the books and roll dice on; I don't use miniatures.

Brandon
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:29:49 AM

We play around my massive dining room table that seats eight comfortably. Our
battle map is a set of LEGO base plates and our figurines are LEGO mini-figs.
A wide assortment of strange and wondrous LEGO creatures are used as monsters.

Sample pictures:
http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-3.html
http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-5.html
http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-6.html
http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-7.html
http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-8.html
http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-9.html

Jester
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 5:10:26 AM

Behold! for Will Green <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> spake unto the
multitude thus:

>So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
>suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

Sofas and coffee table. A few 2'x3' bits of white-painted hardboard
marked with 1" squares (much cheaper and lighter than a whiteboard).

Alternatively, proper chairs and a dining table, but it gets
uncomfortable after 3 hours or so.

--
Jim or Sarah Davies, but probably Jim

D&D and Star Fleet Battles stuff on http://www.aaargh.org
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 5:25:40 AM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:49:30 -0400, "Jeff Goslin" <autockr@comcast.net>
scribed into the ether:

><laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu> wrote in message
>> I can attest to this, by the way. Lego works remarkably well as a
>> battlemat. Sadly, the last time I got an opportunity to use it as such
>> was in high school, for 2nd Ed, but I'd go with it again in a
>> heartbeat, if we had easy access to Lego blocks.
>
>Yeah, I can see that. Unfortunately, Lego got like super expensive since I
>was a kid,

Actually, legos have always been expensive. You just don't see it cause the
money isn't coming out of your wallet.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 8:35:00 AM

pluther wrote:

> Will Green wrote:
>
>>I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
>>plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
>>reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
>>bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
>>where we'd put him.
>>
>>So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
>>suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?
>

> I've got a 3' x 3' folding card table that I've been using for awhile,
> and it has the same problem of leaving no room after the DM screen &
> battlemat.

In the basement I have a 7 or 8 foot long folding table of the
banquet variety. Upstairs, there's the kitchen table which can have
leaves added to make it over 7 feet long. In the living room there's a
bunch of separate chairs, separate coffee tables, etc. Where we play
depends on several factors. Using a folding card table is definitely
out, though.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

DM70 wrote:
> "Will Green" <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote in message
> > what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
> > suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

> We game at the dining room/kitchen table, usually supplemented by a card
> table and as DM I usually keep a small tray table or chair next to me for
> stuff I need but want to keep offthe main table surface.

Ditto; depending on whose house were at, we play either on a ping pong
table or large (10') dining table.

> We have a huge battlemat now (one of my players drew it on a CAD program
> at work), so the extra space helps.

Nice.
Lately, we've been using a large vinyl battlemat with 1" squares that
one person (no kids, disposable income) bought.

Previously we've used self-printed battlemats, too, using clear Contact
paper on foam board or very thin plywood. I prefer 1/2" squares, as we
find that the battle moves around a lot.
We gave up on minis and use little colored cardboard chits with the
players names (or numbers for NPCs and monsters)
Lately, dry-erase markers seem to quickly degrade the Contact paper
(and doesn't wipe off completely) so I'll probably go back to wet erase.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:08:54 PM

"Will Green" <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote in message
> I've got a folding card table, about 2 feet by 4 feet, that our group
> plays on. It's been working okay, but between my DM screen and our
> reasonably small battlemat, there's no more room for anything. If we
> bring one more player on board, which we're considering, I'm not sure
> where we'd put him.
>
> So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
> suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

We game at the dining room/kitchen table, usually supplemented by a card
table and as DM I usually keep a small tray table or chair next to me for
stuff I need but want to keep offthe main table surface. We have a huge
battlemat now (one of my players drew it on a CAD program at work), so the
extra space helps. Thanksfully, we have about three places we could play
where this set-up is available (one being my house). The DM (me,
conveniently enough) gets a computer desk chair for comfort, but most
everyone else makes do with kitchen chairs or folding chairs.

My suggestion would be to buy a large kitchen table at a yard sale. If you
have a room for gaming, don't worry about what the top looks like. Make or
buy the largest battlemat possible (ours covers the entire table with the
leaf in) and use contact paper to laminate it right onto the table surface.
This also works great to make notes, track HP, etc. as you can write all
over the table with dry erase markers. If this is not possible, pick up a
5' or 6' folding table from Wal-Mart or other discount store. I saw one
earlier in the week for less than $40 (US). Chairs may either be folding
variety (metal/plastic) from a discount store, kitchen chairs from a yard
sale, or PVC from a lawn/garden dept. During non-game days, the PVC chairs
are great for out on the patio or porch.

My $0.02.

DM
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:58:53 PM

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:39:18 GMT, "Christopher Adams"
<mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> carved upon a tablet of ether:

> I like playing at a proper large dining-table arrangement but unfortunately none
> of the people I play with care for it. So it's books in the lap and character
> sheets draped over the arm of the couch, rolling dice wherever we can for us.

I hate that. It's too hard to lay out a decent amount of paper (and
thus information) for immediate access, likewise for books. It's hard
to keep an eye on potential cheats, and it's too easy for people's
attention to wander because they're more seperated and there's less of
a focus.

Besides, lounge chairs give me backache after a while, especially if I
have to lean forward much (like you do if you've got your stuff on a
coffee table.

I vastly prefer a decent sized dining room table, or something
similar, and plenty of spare chairs for the GM to stack reference
materials on.

--
Rupert Boleyn <rboleyn@paradise.net.nz>
should be free."

In the old days, we used sand tables. They'd be something like 4' x 8'
with raised sides so the sand didn't get on the floor. You'd move the
sand around to draw the floorplan, and use HO scale trees and stuff to
dress it up.

Best table I've played on (more recently) was a ping-pong table in
someone's attic. Plenty of room for dice, minis, books, snacks, etc.

Ralph Glatt

Member, Old Farts Club
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 11:52:48 PM

<alordofchaos@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> DM70 wrote:
>> "Will Green" <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote in message

> Previously we've used self-printed battlemats, too, using clear Contact
> paper on foam board or very thin plywood. I prefer 1/2" squares, as we
> find that the battle moves around a lot.
> We gave up on minis and use little colored cardboard chits with the
> players names (or numbers for NPCs and monsters)
> Lately, dry-erase markers seem to quickly degrade the Contact paper
> (and doesn't wipe off completely) so I'll probably go back to wet erase.

I agree. The dry erase markers are not as good as the wet erase for contact
paper battlemats.

DM
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 1:56:00 AM

Will Green <will_j_green@yXaXhXoXoX.com> wrote:
] So what do you guys use to play on? Any reasonably inexpensive
] suggestions for a guy looking to trade up?

Large table we can all sit at, with a rectangular sheet of green
felt I picked up at a craft store. They had it marked down as no one
wanted it. Manila folder dungeon tiles in scale on the felt.

JimP.
--
http://www.linuxgazette.net/ Linux Gazette
http://crestar.drivein-jim.net/ June 7, 2005

Chris Christian <cjdc@nwlxgen02.jf.intel.com> wrote:
> We play around my massive dining room table that seats eight comfortably. Our
> battle map is a set of LEGO base plates and our figurines are LEGO mini-figs.
> A wide assortment of strange and wondrous LEGO creatures are used as monsters.
>
> Sample pictures:
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-3.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-5.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-6.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-7.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-8.html
> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-9.html

y'know, these pages would load a lot faster if you put real thumbnails
in instead of scaling the full-size image.

Keith
July 13, 2005 10:29:50 AM

Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> wrote:
> Chris Christian <cjdc@nwlxgen02.jf.intel.com> wrote:
>> We play around my massive dining room table that seats eight comfortably. Our
>> battle map is a set of LEGO base plates and our figurines are LEGO mini-figs.
>> A wide assortment of strange and wondrous LEGO creatures are used as monsters.
>>
>> Sample pictures:
>> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-3.html
>> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-5.html
>> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-6.html
>> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-7.html
>> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-8.html
>> http://www.glabrous.net/sigil/pictures-9.html
>
> y'know, these pages would load a lot faster if you put real thumbnails
> in instead of scaling the full-size image.

.... but I should've also said it looks pretty cool.

I considered something like this, but lack sufficient LEGO to make it
work.

My last group, we used a 3'x3' battlemat (I wonder where that ended up,
too). Some of my players have since gotten into Heroscape, so there's a
decent chance we'll be building the set piece battles, at least, with
it.

Keith
July 13, 2005 11:07:18 PM

Jeff Goslin wrote:

> Yeah, I can see that. Unfortunately, Lego got like super expensive since I
> was a kid, so I'm not about to go out and buy the lego I need for that. I
> remember when legos were like 5 bucks for a huge bucket or something. Now
> they are like 20 bucks for a little miniature model or something. Boo! I
> used to really like playing with legos, too.

I really don't much like the new Lego sets they have these days.
I don't think they foster creativity so much as they establish
conformity. "No, here is the *RIGHT* way to build this."
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 7:50:01 PM

<http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?cn=44&d=11&t=5&gt; Big 1000 piece bucket for 20$. Not too bad.

--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For within these Trials, we
shall do what needs to be done."

Christopher Adams wrote:
> Murf wrote:
> > Play on - stained old battlemat, kitchen table, 6 players 1 DM. We used
> > games workshop floor plans in the 80's but they where fiddly, shite and
> > no fun for non dungeon stuff.
>
> I like playing at a proper large dining-table arrangement but unfortunately none
> of the people I play with care for it. So it's books in the lap and character
> sheets draped over the arm of the couch, rolling dice wherever we can for us.
>
> Lame.

I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.

I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.

--
Justin Alexander Bacon
http://www.thealexandrian.net

Jeff Goslin wrote:
> Yeah, I can see that. Unfortunately, Lego got like super expensive since I
> was a kid, so I'm not about to go out and buy the lego I need for that.

Garage sales can be your friend here. Lots of parents sell off their
kid's legos (and other toys) super-cheap once they out-grow them.

Back in the early '80s, when I was growing up, my mother was able to
collect for me a truly awesome array of Star Wars toys as the kids who
bought them in '79 hit their middle school years and out-grew them. I
literally had four large AT-ATs to play with.

--
Justin Alexander Bacon
http://www.thealexandrian.net
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:27:53 AM

Justin Bacon wrote:

> I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.
>
> I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
> something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
> place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.

TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think I've ever seen
one.

As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one and the
other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually covered with papers,
computer parts, and the like.

It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything, but it's
irritating.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you
understand?
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigec...
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatel...

Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:27:54 AM

Christopher Adams wrote:

> Justin Bacon wrote:
>
>>I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.
>>
>>I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
>>something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
>>place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.
>

> TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think I've ever seen
> one.
>
> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one and the
> other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually covered with papers,
> computer parts, and the like.
>
> It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything, but it's
> irritating.

We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with taut
midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control into
serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over backwards,
side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number of heads
pointing to the left and right).

It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert navels.
There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 2:27:55 AM

Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in
news:o 2gDe.79940$Fv.22295@lakeread01:

> Christopher Adams wrote:
>
>> Justin Bacon wrote:
>>
>>>I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.
>>>
>>>I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
>>>something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
>>>place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.
>>

>> TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think
>> I've ever seen one.
>>
>> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
>> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
>> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
>>
>> It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything,
>> but it's irritating.
>
> We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with
> taut midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control
> into serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over
> backwards, side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number
> of heads pointing to the left and right).
>
> It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
> getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert
> navels.
> There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.
>
> - Ron ^*^

You know - I almost want to read BATTLEHYMN's response to this post :-)

--
Shadow Wolf
shadowolf3400 at yahoo dot com

July 20, 2005 12:44:36 PM

On 19 Jul 2005 19:02:47 -0500, Shadow Wolf
<shadowolf3400@NOSPAMyahoo.invalid> raised a finger to the sky and
proclaimed:

>Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in
>news:o 2gDe.79940$Fv.22295@lakeread01:
>

>> Christopher Adams wrote:

>>> TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think
>>> I've ever seen one.
>>>
>>> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
>>> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
>>> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
>>>
>>> It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything,
>>> but it's irritating.
>>
>> We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with
>> taut midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control
>> into serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over
>> backwards, side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number
>> of heads pointing to the left and right).
>>
>> It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
>> getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert
>> navels.
>> There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.
>>
>> - Ron ^*^
>>

>You know - I almost want to read BATTLEHYMN's response to this post :-)

I just want the jpegs.

--
Either way, I hate you Count Chocula, if I didn't already.
- Drifter Bob, rec.games.frp.dnd

Werebat wrote:
> Christopher Adams wrote:
>
> > Justin Bacon wrote:
> >
> >>I recommend getting a coffee table and/or TV trays.
> >>
> >>I had a sofa-set crowd myself, but a large coffee table gave us
> >>something to huddle around for battles and my large TV tray gave me a
> >>place for my DM's screen and dice rolling.
> >

> > TV trays aren't very common in Australia - I honestly don't think I've ever seen
> > one.
> >
> > As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one and the
> > other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually covered with papers,
> > computer parts, and the like.
> >
> > It's not too bad, not like we have to sit on the floor or anything, but it's
> > irritating.
>
> We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with taut
> midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control into
> serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over backwards,
> side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number of heads
> pointing to the left and right).
>
> It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
> getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert navels.
> There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.

Rookie mistake. You need to coat the girls with honey; this will keep
the dice from rolling into any crevices. Randomization does suffer a
bit, but you can throw the dice slightly higher into the air to fix
that.

Please MAKE SURE that everyone leaves their metallic d4s at home,
though, or to restrict their use to those sections of table which are
into that kind of thing.

Laszlo
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 1:41:28 PM

laszlo_spamhole@freemail.hu wrote:
> Rookie mistake. You need to coat the girls with honey; this will keep
> the dice from rolling into any crevices.

You also get more of the guys willing to stay afterwards to help with
cleaning off the table top.

We used to use a "living table" made of nubile young women, too, but it
was too hard to line up the grid marks and they kept getting worn
off... or something.
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 4:03:45 PM

Mouse <mail141023@pop.net.invalid> wrote in
news:p assd1tcnq4p94hcvrkdivkjmflq0k1tqb@4ax.com:

> On 19 Jul 2005 19:02:47 -0500, Shadow Wolf
> <shadowolf3400@NOSPAMyahoo.invalid> raised a finger to the sky and
> proclaimed:
>
>>Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in
>>news:o 2gDe.79940$Fv.22295@lakeread01:
>>

>>> We only play on a "living table" made up of nubile young women with
>>> taut midriffs that we have used our evil D&D powers to mind control
>>> into serving us. They strip down to their panties and bend over
>>> backwards, side to side (we stagger them so there are an equal number
>>> of heads pointing to the left and right).
>>>
>>> It makes for a pretty good gaming experience, but the dice do keep
>>> getting caught between the girls' bodies or cocked in their pert
>>> navels.
>>> There's a fair amount of rerolling, but it's worth it.
>>>
>>> - Ron ^*^
>>>

>>You know - I almost want to read BATTLEHYMN's response to this post :-)
>
> I just want the jpegs.

What, you didn't catch those over on alt.binaries.erotica.tables? Or does
your server not carry that group?

--
Shadow Wolf
shadowolf3400 at yahoo dot com
Stories at http://www.asstr.org/~Shadow_Wolf
AIF at http://www.geocities.com/shadowolf3400

July 22, 2005 1:32:14 AM

In article <J7fDe.53073$oJ.37994@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
Christopher Adams <mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one and the
>other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually covered with papers,
>computer parts, and the like.

So if you know Hong, do you also know why he isn't around anymore?
July 22, 2005 2:33:46 AM

David Alex Lamb wrote:
> Christopher Adams wrote:
>
>> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
>> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
>> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
>
> So if you know Hong, do you also know why he isn't around anymore?

Yes. Yes, I do.

Mainly it's because his Britannia campaign ground to a halt (I blame myself! I
doomed it by joining!), and he's since become increasingly more interested in
running Exalted. Since (all "creeping HEROisation of D&D" aside) he can't talk
about non-d20 games here long-term, he spends most of his time at RPG.Net.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you
understand?
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigec...
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatel...

Berawler: Is there any sanity or light left in this shrivelled husk of a world?
SingingDancingMoose: There was, but we had to trade it in for the internet.
Berawler: That is quite possibly the best response to any question ever.
July 22, 2005 7:33:10 AM

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 22:33:46 GMT, "Christopher Adams"
<mhacdebhandia@yahoo.invalid> dared speak in front of ME:

>David Alex Lamb wrote:
>> Christopher Adams wrote:
>>
>>> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
>>> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
>>> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
>>
>> So if you know Hong, do you also know why he isn't around anymore?
>
>Yes. Yes, I do.
>
>Mainly it's because his Britannia campaign ground to a halt (I blame myself! I
>doomed it by joining!),

Ah. And here I thought I was the only one with that curse.

--
Address no longer works.
try removing all numbers from

July 22, 2005 9:15:54 AM

One of the voices in my head - or was it Christopher Adams? - just
said...
> David Alex Lamb wrote:
> > Christopher Adams wrote:
> >
> >> As for a coffee table, I wish it were up to me. Hong didn't have one
> >> and the other place I regularly play has a coffee table continually
> >> covered with papers, computer parts, and the like.
> >
> > So if you know Hong, do you also know why he isn't around anymore?
>
> Yes. Yes, I do.
>
> Mainly it's because his Britannia campaign ground to a halt (I blame myself! I
> doomed it by joining!), and he's since become increasingly more interested in
> running Exalted. Since (all "creeping HEROisation of D&D" aside) he can't talk
> about non-d20 games here long-term, he spends most of his time at RPG.Net.

Thanks for the info, BTW. I'd noticed his absence both here and at
ENWorld (not that I post much there myself, except in occasional
bursts).

What I really want to know is, where the heck is Wayne Shaw these days?
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 10:41:51 PM

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 05:15:54 GMT, Jeff Heikkinen <no.way@jose.org>
carved upon a tablet of ether:

> Thanks for the info, BTW. I'd noticed his absence both here and at
> ENWorld (not that I post much there myself, except in occasional
> bursts).
>
> What I really want to know is, where the heck is Wayne Shaw these days?

He's still on the DND-L mailing list. I think he left here a while
back because he was no longer running a D&D game, so the discussions
weren't worth the effort of wading through the flames anymore.

--
!