XPS has different mobo than 8400?

I was able to custom-equip price an 8400 roughly $400 less than an
XPS, similarly equipped (same vid card, RAM, RAID-0 drives, etc)

Can someone tell me what the difference is? Dell usually wouldn't
have a price gap like that just because one is designed to be a gaming
machine and the other is not.

David

The XPS has the same MB as the 8400. The differences between the two are :

a) The Case
b) The Power Supply
c) XPS Comes with a Floppy standard
d) XPS Comes with a SB Audigy 2 ZS Standard

"NeedANewBox" <delldude@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> I was able to custom-equip price an 8400 roughly $400 less than an
> XPS, similarly equipped (same vid card, RAM, RAID-0 drives, etc)
>
> Can someone tell me what the difference is? Dell usually wouldn't
> have a price gap like that just because one is designed to be a gaming
> machine and the other is not.

ahall

David> The XPS has the same MB as the 8400. The differences between the two are :
David> a) The Case
David> b) The Power Supply
David> c) XPS Comes with a Floppy standard
David> d) XPS Comes with a SB Audigy 2 ZS Standard

XPS also has two firewire ports besides the one on the Audigy,
and has 1000 GBit ethernet on the mother board.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)