p2p problem with speedtouch 510 router/adsl modem

My setup is as follows: 2 pc's both running XP Pro each connected to a router
which is also an adsl modem. When I allow DHCP both pc's can connect to the
internet, but can't see each other. When I set IP's to 192.168.254.1 and 2
with 255.255.255.0 subnet mask the to pc's talk to each other but cannot
access the internet.The router/modem is a speedtouch 510 with the latest
drivers installed.

Any ideas anyone?

You should ask support people to the SpeedTouch. This newsgroup supports
Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software only, not networking
in general or other brands. Check the
microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC