1. What is your budget? 2500
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17.3"
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1920x1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Both. I'm basically looking to replace my desktop with something that I can use at home and when I travel for work.
5. How much battery life do you need? Eh, don't really care, i'll likely have it plugged in most of the time when using it
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Ideally, i'd like to be able to play games like Skyrim, BF3, MW3, SW:TOR on High Settings
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Using Visual Studio for software development
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Preferably atleast 1 TB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD RW
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Prefer to stay away from Alienware
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Not by a long shot......the Alienware's twin 460's (Clevo has twin 560's) and 2.0 Ghz CPU (Clevo model of comparable price has 2.4 Ghz) won't even make it close.....not to mention the Clevo's 1600 MHz memory, 550 Mb's SSD and Blue Ray Drive, etc ....
Lost of alternatives .....Here's one:
Clevo P180HM customized as follows for about $2400 ... adjust up and down as you see fit. This web site is very easy to use for deciding options,..... not to be taken as an endorsement.
18.4" Full HD 1920x1080 GlassView LCD, Super-Wide Viewing Angles
Intel Core i7-2760QM Processor, 2.4 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.5GHz), 6MB Smart Cache
8GB, PC3-10600/1333Mhz DDR3 - 2 x 4GB
Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M w/1.5GB GDDR5 (total of 3GB) in SLI Technology mode
128GB Crucial M4 SATA III Solid State Drive
750/7200rpm GB 16MB Cache Buffer SATA-300 (SATA II 3GB/s)
6x Max. Blu-Ray Reader / 8x Max. DVD±R/2.4X Max. +DL Super-Multi Drive
Windows 7 Professional Edition 64-bit
8 Cells Lithium-Ion Battery Pack 89.21WH
Integrated 802.11 b/g/n + Bluetooth V3.0 Combo
Built-In 2.0M Pixels Digital Video Camera
Built-In Fingerprint Reader
Built-In Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Built-In 9-IN-1 Flash Memory Reader(MMC/RSMMC/MS/MS Pro/MS DUO/SD/Mini-SD/SDHC/SDXC)
1 Exprss Card 54/34 Slot
1 IEEE-1394a Fire Wire
3 USB 2.0 Ports (1x power USB AC/DC Port)
2 USB 3.0 Ports
1 eSATA Port (USB Combo)
1 HDMI 1.4a Output
1 DVI-I Port
1 Kensington Lock Port
Built-in Microphone, Two 1.5W and Three 2W Speakers
Built-in One 2W Sub-Woofer
4 Audio Jacks for Headphone, Microphone-In, S/PDIF-Out, and Line-In
1 100/240V Autoswitch AC Power Adapter
Standard Carrying Case with Strap
If ya wondering who Clevo is, they made Alienware pre Dell.
Clevo is an ODM whose products are available from many sources including Sager, XoticPC, Eurocom, RJtech, RKC notebooks, Pro-Star, PowerNotebooks, Origin PC, AVAdirect, V3 Gaming PC, Falcon Northwest, CyberPower, iBuyPower, System 76, PC Torque, Puget systems, Vigor Gaming, M-Tech, XTreme Notebooks, Smooth-Creations, MALIBAL, Widow PC, Hypersonic PC systems, Micro Express Computers, Jinco Computers, DevilTech, ChiliGreen, and many many more.
Most peeps are unaware that their favorite laptop brand actually doesn't make a notebook but buys them from an ODM
Quanta sells to (among others) HP/Compaq, Dell, Toshiba, Sony, Fujitsu, Acer, NEC, Gateway and Lenovo/IBM
Compal sells to Toshiba, HP/Compaq, Acer, and Dell.
Positivo Informatica sells to Samsung, Sony, Siragon, Toshiba, HP
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to HP/Compaq, Dell, IBM, NEC, Acer, and Lenovo/IBM.
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP/Compaq, NEC, and Dell.
Itautec sells to Siragon, LG, Samsung, Sony
ECS sells to IBM, Fujitsu, and Dell.
Asus sells to Apple (iBook), Sony, and Samsung.
Inventec sells to HP/Compaq, Toshiba, BenQ, and Acer.
Lanix sells to Sony, Compaq, Toshiba, Siragon, Itautec
Uniwill sells to Lenovo/IBM and Fujitsu & PC World UK own brand Advent.