Sign in with
Your question

help on celeron 1.7 CPU

Last response: in CPUs
August 6, 2002 6:23:56 PM

my intel celeron 1.7 socket 478 is running at 50 celcius on msi intel 845 e max mobo, is this normal or its way too hot? the mobo temp is 30 celcius and 20 celcius in air condition room.

Regards ,
Brian

More about : celeron cpu

August 6, 2002 6:28:18 PM

For an "old" 0.18 micron Willamette, that's maybe slightly above normal.

<i>/Copenhagen - Clockspeed will make the difference... in the end</i> :cool:
August 6, 2002 7:36:29 PM

if no stability prolems(like, rebooting by itself, ect.), then it`s ok.

"Is Celeron good?"
"No. Celeron is bad."
LOL
Related resources
August 6, 2002 11:48:59 PM

Perhaps Intel uses cheaper HSFs for Celeron P4s?

Again like anyone here has learned: If it does not lock up, the temp don't matta, unless you overclock.

--
The sound of determination is the echo of will...
August 7, 2002 12:42:26 AM

heheh yep. so true.
we keep sayin it, eventually everyone will see the light :smile:

<b>Before visiting THG i was a clueless noob. Now im still clueless, but look at my nice title!<b>
August 7, 2002 1:06:48 AM

Hey, it gets the job done! (Cheapo Intel) Well, what about AMD? Their stock HSFs aren't that great either are they?

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>
August 7, 2002 8:16:39 AM

If the system is stable, take it easy!
This temp is a bit higher than the usual temp of these CPUs. The reason might be: not quality HSF (is your fan still working, BTW?), a higher temp at the case, a higher CPU voltage, etc. This is the temperature of an overclocked Celeron 1700@1870MHz owned by a friend.

<font color=orange>ÃÎËßÌ ÇÀËÚÊ ËÀÏÍÈ, ÃÎËßÌÀ ÙÀÍÃÀ ÂÄÈÃÍÈ!</font color=orange>
August 7, 2002 6:48:46 PM

then what is the normal temp for celeron 1.7 ????? im using intel original HSF for intel pentium 4 2.26 GHz

Regards ,
Brian
August 7, 2002 7:03:20 PM

What do you mean using an HSF for the 2.26GHZ?
How do you know it is the one?

There is no normal temp for a CPU, there never will be. There can be a temp that most would like, an average one, which is in the 40s. Having around that and 50 at max is a very decent CPU setup cooling to me. But again temps don't matter if nothing locks up and you do not overclock.

--
August 7, 2002 8:07:17 PM

Quote:
Again like anyone here has learned: If it does not lock up, the temp don't matta, unless you overclock.

That's generally true, but not <i>entirely</i> true.

Electronics in general dislike heat. Not because it causes them to lock up, but because excess heat shortens their lifespan. So if you plan on keeping your PC for 5 to 10 years (believe it or not, some people do) then keeping the heat as low as possible, as well as keeping the voltages regulated as steadily as possible and keeping the system free of dust, can all be very important steps to prolonging the life of your PC.

Of course, if you plan on getting a new PC in 3 years or less, then who cares how hot it is so long as it isn't crashing. ;) 

<A HREF="http://www.nuklearpower.com/comic/171.htm" target="_new">The corpse you find may be your own.</A> - Black Mage
August 8, 2002 3:34:01 AM

Ya just wanted to look for something to counter now didn't you! :tongue:

--
August 8, 2002 4:53:02 PM

i knew bcos i took the intel original HSF from p4 2.26GHz 533FSB box

Regards ,
Brian
August 8, 2002 6:36:56 PM

Hmm why would you do that! Use the 2.26GHZ instead!

Anyways, I think it could be the case airflow and cooling. You might check the thermal pad, or use better paste!

--
August 9, 2002 4:36:55 PM

bcos im working at computer shop hehe...tat fan belong to one of the customer...btw..my casing has got 9 fans...2 fans blowing the pci card...4 at the front and 2 at the back to suck the air out...and 1 more is at the bottom of the PSU

Regards ,
Brian
!