2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Portable, Slim Design, 13-15 in
3. What screen resolution do you want?
720p or higher
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
The higher the better, but parts>battery life. When I game I will have a power source.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Medium-High, mainly for the SWTOR gaming coming out soon, if i can run it on high it would be awesome.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Gaming, School Applications, Some video converting.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
If it comes with a hard disk then 500gb, is SSD atleast 128gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
But a place where the laptop is pre-made is perfered
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years, for my undergrad college life
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Not required, never use it.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Any brand as long as its sleek and slim and looks nice, I would prefer it to not have a VGA port, but specs>vga port obviously
13. What country do you live in?
USA, I dont mind buying from worldwide computer vendors
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
The laptops im looking at vary tremedous but here i go.
With Questions Attached
Envy 14 Beats
Dont like the screen, but very solid laptop and I will be recieving a $125 off discount. Comes with a 750gb hard drive, and Core i5
Envy 14 w/Radiance Display
This is used, for $800, doesn't come with a hard drive.
Envy 15 Beats (1080p, 5830)
Is the cooling a really bad issue on these? And battery is very bad, but exactly how bad? I love the graphics card and display and look of this, doesn't come with a back-lit keyboard. Quad Core i7. Are the other graphics cards comparable to the one in this since this one comes with DDR3 ram, not even GDDR3
Dell 15z XPS (Best Display, and the 2gb of video ram)
This is my last choice, they display is awesome, the graphics are ehh, and the price is a litter higher than my price point, and it doesn't look to good.
Acer Aspire Timeline X AS4830TG-6450
This is the best size I can think of, but the way this laptop looks is killing me. And I'm worried about the screen not being good. Also how long can this thing last for, I need something to take me through the end of college.
Dell 14z XPS
Looking at China's Dell website I found out it has a 520m 2gb vram, only a 720p screen, and Core i5
The parts and looks of the Envy 15 Beats are awesome graphics and processor and scrren, but I'm concerned with battery life and cooling issues.
The parts and size on the Acer are awesome, but I'm concerned with the looks and durability.
The Envy 14's are in the middle, the beats looks nicer and I could get core i7, but the Radiance display is awesome and only comes with a core i5.but I'm concerned about graphics performance for gaming, not having a Core i7.
Dell's are last choice since I'm worried about the graphics and the look isn't the best. Also the price is higher, but If someone gives me a compelling reason to get it then I will.
I put what I want on three tiers
Performance, Design, and Size
Battery, longevity, back-lit keyboard
I just want to run SWTOR on medium-high (the higher the better), is that too much to ask for on the type of laptop I want? Also be able to run games without my laptop dieing, or having to lug around those ugly alienware computers.
Not really interested in sheet battery, since I want battery for when I travel and to keep it as slim as possible. Just enough to be able to use internet and web surfing without it dieing on me.
If I have to go core i5 for the battery life for travelling I will.
I also receive a discount of $100 on most of the places besides Dell.