solantis

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2002
Firstly, i would like to know if testing a CPU on any mother board could damage the mother board in anyway. Secondly, what does 3 medium length beeps mean when turning the computer on. The beeps are all the same length.

grassapa

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
u can try the cpu on any motherboard as long as they are compatible with each other (the socket, the FSB, etc...) if they arent compatible, either it wont work or u can actually damage the cpu. About the beeps, i dont know, but does it start up or not at all?

the worst failure is not trying........so go ahead and TRY to overclock your cpu to 5ghz

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
try reseating your memory, and make sure all ur add-in cards & video card are in properly.

<font color=blue> If it ain't broke, don't fix it...tweak it.</font color=blue>

psykoikonov

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2002
My mother board manual has the beep codes in it. I would post them but I doubt they're all the same, I would think it depends on mobo and bios.

:eek: Who needs heatsinks and fans, I have an igloo :eek:

svol

Champion
Just be sure that the CPU and mobo have the same socket/slot. And don't forget to use the heatsink.
In most computers if the CPU is bad there wont be any beep at all and the system will just sit there... it could be a memory problem.
Could you give some more specs of your hardware?

My watercooler contains so much water that the moon has influence upon it :eek: .