Enchantment Bonus and Bonus Spells

Do enchantment bonuses add to bonus spells.

Say my wizard has inherent 16 Intelligence score and then dons a Headband of
Intellect +2 and is now at 18. Does his add bonus spells for high
Intelligence for 16 or for 18?

Alex Petrovich wrote:
> Do enchantment bonuses add to bonus spells.

They're called *enhancement* bonuses (because they _enhance_ your
natural ability). And yes, they do... unless you get the bonus through
a short-term effect, like a Fox's Cunning spell (this is made clear in
the spell description).

> Say my wizard has inherent 16 Intelligence score and then dons a Headband of
> Intellect +2 and is now at 18. Does his add bonus spells for high
> Intelligence for 16 or for 18?

For 18.

Laszlo

Darrell

IMO
He would get the bonuses for 18 BUT if he were to take the Headband off he
would no longer be able to cast the spells UNLESS he can show a mastery of
the spells.

Darrell

Alex Petrovich wrote:
> Do enchantment bonuses add to bonus spells.
>
> Say my wizard has inherent 16 Intelligence score and then dons a Headband of
> Intellect +2 and is now at 18. Does his add bonus spells for high
> Intelligence for 16 or for 18?

Yep 18 for bonus spells. Only thing you don't get for the higher Int
is skill points at level up. Although I know a few DMs who rule 0 that,
rather tempting to do so, but I don't.

As a side point, would an inherant bonus (from wishes or whatnot) give
you the skill points?

- Justisaur

Justisaur wrote:
> Alex Petrovich wrote:
> > Do enchantment bonuses add to bonus spells.
> >
> > Say my wizard has inherent 16 Intelligence score and then dons a Headband of
> > Intellect +2 and is now at 18. Does his add bonus spells for high
> > Intelligence for 16 or for 18?
>
> Yep 18 for bonus spells. Only thing you don't get for the higher Int
> is skill points at level up. Although I know a few DMs who rule 0 that,
> rather tempting to do so, but I don't.
>
> As a side point, would an inherant bonus (from wishes or whatnot) give
> you the skill points?

Yes. Not retroactively, though.

Laszlo

On 12 Jul 2005 12:11:37 -0700, "Justisaur" <justisaur@gmail.com> scribed
into the ether:

>Alex Petrovich wrote:
>> Do enchantment bonuses add to bonus spells.
>>
>> Say my wizard has inherent 16 Intelligence score and then dons a Headband of
>> Intellect +2 and is now at 18. Does his add bonus spells for high
>> Intelligence for 16 or for 18?
>
>Yep 18 for bonus spells. Only thing you don't get for the higher Int
>is skill points at level up. Although I know a few DMs who rule 0 that,
>rather tempting to do so, but I don't.
>
>As a side point, would an inherant bonus (from wishes or whatnot) give
>you the skill points?

Yes, it's a permenant increase.