MN700 cuts my Internet connection speed in half

Last response: in Networking
January 18, 2005 3:59:29 AM

I just set up an MN700, and although so far I have no other devices on
my network, my Internet connection speed has been cut roughly in half.
Immediately I noticed pages were taking longer to load, and readings
provided by the Bandwidth Tester plug-in for Firefox confirm this.

The MN700 went through the requisite updating procedure upon
installation, so it has the latest software and firmware (when I do a
"Check for Updates Online" it says there are none available).

Can anyone tell me what I can do to get my Internet speed back?

All I wanna do is hook up my TiVo to the Internet so I can get rid of
my phone line, which the TiVo is currently using to download guide
data. But if it means my Web surfing is going to be slowed so greatly,
then forget it.
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 9:49:15 PM

I have the EXACT Same problem. I spent 99 dollars from
Microsoft support to check that all my settings are
correct and still cuts my speed.

Without the Base Station I get 3.0 mbps, with I get
1.2.... If you find a solution please tell me

!