512mb DDR333 pc2700 Samsung RAM
Lite-On 40x12x48x CD-RW Drive
80 gig Western Digital 7200RPM 8mb cache
Sony 1.44 Floppy
Moniter
Keyboard
Mouse
Speakers

When I try to install Windows XP Preinstall, it loads up the background. Then it says loading display settings, networking settings, finish Windows XP Preinstall. In the middle of doing these things, it just stops. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have you gone into the BIOS and gone to "setup defaults"? That board has on-board sound, and you say you also have a Sound Blaster Live? You need to go into the BIOS and disable the on-board sound.

Saving that, I would carefully inspect your IDE cables. Check for loose plugs and any damage.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
Hmm...that's a pretty good power supply

Well, you can try one quick test

Clear your CMOS
Make sure your jumper/bios is set to 133Mhz FSB
Reboot

Other than that, if it doesn't work, go for warranty or RMA it

I need my Hammer now to bash some newbies

svol

Champion
Your PSU is enough for your current system, so that wouldn't probably be it.
Check if you're temps aren't too high, high temps can cause your PC to lock-up, although your heatsink should be enough.

My watercooler contains so much water that the moon has influence upon it :eek: .

MeTaLrOcKeR

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Manually select ur ram timings...make sure things like DRAM Leadoff Timing is set to NORMAL/DEFAULT...

go for CL 2.5 ram settings......put the absolute worst possible settings, which are the highest numbers in the ram settings......if thsi doesnt work...RMA ur board and/or ram...

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>