Dell 8600 Carrycase

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
November 13, 2004 11:35:24 AM

Hi

Does anyone know what the 3 different carrycase that comes with inspirion
8600 looks like?

1. nylon carrycase
2. backpack carrycase
3. leather carrycase

not sure if i should buy a carry case from dell without knowing how it looks
like. Strange how dell does not show a picture of their carry cases.

cheers
sharp

More about : dell 8600 carrycase

November 13, 2004 3:36:16 PM

my backpack carrycase is falling apart - and it's only 6 months old. Zipper
gets stuck on fabric too (every time you zip it) - I'd give it a miss - have
a look around for better backpack cases.

The nylon carrycase would be fine - but small.

Don't know about leather carry case.

"Sharp" <Sharp@SharpAddress.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Does anyone know what the 3 different carrycase that comes with inspirion
> 8600 looks like?
>
> 1. nylon carrycase
> 2. backpack carrycase
> 3. leather carrycase
>
> not sure if i should buy a carry case from dell without knowing how it
> looks
> like. Strange how dell does not show a picture of their carry cases.
>

> cheers
> sharp

November 13, 2004 4:33:12 PM

Try (which is a Dell search on "notebook carrying case"):

http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cat...

Also, you can push the "help me choose" button when ordering and it
will give pictorial details.

My opinion is to look at the styles locally if possible as everyone's
taste and needs are different.

I picked up a CaseLogic NPL3 with a neat shock suspension system at
CompUSA (reg $69.95) for $10 AR for my new 8600 a couple weeks ago.

-r

"Sharp" <Sharp@SharpAddress.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Does anyone know what the 3 different carrycase that comes with inspirion
>8600 looks like?
>
>1. nylon carrycase
>2. backpack carrycase
>3. leather carrycase
>
>not sure if i should buy a carry case from dell without knowing how it looks
>like. Strange how dell does not show a picture of their carry cases.
>

>cheers
>sharp

Anonymous
November 14, 2004 3:01:10 PM

On the 8600 build your system, etc. go almost to the bottom and when you
to carry cases, on the right of the screen choose "Help Me Choose" then
you can enlarge the picture. I have an older Dell Carrying Case and the
new XPS Backpack. Both are nice, but I do like the Backpack. XPS
Backpack looks the same but just a little fancier letting everyone know
you bought an XPS Laptop. I prefer the Nylon as it is lighter then the
leather cases.

Joan

!