1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
17' + Preferably 18
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Preferably 1900x 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Does not matter.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. As high of settings as possible.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any site that people know is reputable for sure.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
As long as it suites my needs.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Does not matter.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I generally have built desktops in the past. I am looking for a laptop now to play Starcraft 2 and some other games on the go. I have been often playing at friends houses and moving my desktop has become to much of a pain.
I do not know much about laptop brands, so I am open minded as long as people know that the company has a good reputation and that the machine will be quality.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Display 18.4" Full HD (1920 x 1080) LED-Backlit Display
Video & Graphics Card Dual Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M GPU with 1.5GB GDDR5 Video Memory in SLI Mode
CPU Processor 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM Processor ( 6MB L3 Cache, 2.20GHz)
Thermal Compound IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU [$40.00]
Operating System Genuine MS Windows® 7 Professional 32/64-Bit Edition ( 64-Bit Preloaded ) [$60.00]
Memory 12GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 3 X 4GB [$110.00]
RAID Storage Options Non-RAID Storage
Primary Hard Disk Drive 80GB Intel 320 Series SATA2 Solid State Disk Drive [$140.00]
2nd Hard Disk Drive 750GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Secondary Hard Disk Drive [$95.00]
Optical Drive Bay — Optical Drive or Hard Disk Drive in Optical Drive Bay with Caddy case 6X Blu-ray Reader/8X DVD±R/2.4X +DL Super-Multi Drive & Software [$80.00]
Wireless Network Card Bigfoot Networks Killer™ Wireless-N 1103 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless LAN Module [$60.00]
Primary Battery Smart Li-ION Battery Pack
Integrated Security Device Fingerprint Reader
Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Starter 2010 - Included in Price
Warranty Sager 2 Year Limited Parts and Labor Warranty [$129.00]
Carrying Bag Standard Carrying Bag
I have that configed for like 2400.
I am thinking of ordering it. I would be ordering it through Sager directly.
Does anyone have any experience with Sager laptops? Are they quality? And am I better off going through a reseller?
Nothing wrong with the Sager NP8180; I just wanted you to be sure that's how you want to spend $2400. A couple nights out per week is a lot different from a laptop that goes mobile every day.
A nice custom LAN box would be about half the price with 20-30% greater performance and lets you easily upgrade the video card in 2 years. Think Core i7 2500K overclocked and a desktop GTX 570/580.
All you'd need is a carrier or strap for the Lan box & monitor to be mobile.
Would you recomend ordering through Sager or a reseller? and also What would be a good place to look for a Lan box on to check out if thats the route I go. The other reason I wanted a Laptop is I move to different rooms in my apartment a lot.. Long story.
and thanks for the help.