1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Doesn't matter, more the better
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable computer that can run some heavy programs as my desktop
5. How much battery life do you need?
At least an hour.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Yes. Mount & Blade, maybe Dawn of War or Starcraft
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Surfing, 24/7 download, Running engineering programs like Unisym and HTRI
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
happy with 500+GB @ 7,200RPM
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any site will be fine.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
A good drive that can read poor disc
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
prefer Toshiba, Acer, Asus, Dell.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
In short I need something with a performance approaching a desktop with Q9550/3GB RAM and a decent VGA card.