Cursed items and detect evil

Can a cursed item (not specific) be recognized with a detect evil (for. ex
from a paladin)?
And an identify will discover it?

Thanx
Juza

Juza wrote:
> Can a cursed item (not specific) be recognized with a detect evil (for. ex
> from a paladin)?

Nope. Cursed items have no aura of evil. Not even the obviously
malevolent ones, like the Necklace of Strangulation.

> And an identify will discover it?

>From the SRD:

"A simple detect magic spell yields a misleading aura and strength,
often indicating that the item is a noncursed item of similar sort. An
identify spell only has a 1% chance per caster level to reveal a cursed
item's true properties, including the cursed aspect. Analyze dweomer
reveals the true nature of a cursed item."

Laszlo

drow

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004

Alien mind control rays made Juza <none> write:
> Can a cursed item (not specific) be recognized with a detect evil (for. ex
> from a paladin)?

only if its a crown which has been worn by a lich for a very long time.

--
\^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
\ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:17:02 +0200, "Juza" <none> wrote:

>Can a cursed item (not specific) be recognized with a detect evil (for. ex
>from a paladin)?

No. Cursed items are not Evil in and of themselves. Most are as
amoral as the boulder that falls on your head. Many aren't even
particularly dangerous.

drow ha scritto:
> Alien mind control rays made Juza <none> write:
>
>>Can a cursed item (not specific) be recognized with a detect evil (for. ex
>>from a paladin)?
>

> only if its a crown which has been worn by a lich for a very long time.

:)
I think I'd also check the halfling ranger...

--
Saluti
Moonself