Windows me problem

My friend saw me type in msconfig on my system to tweak it, I run windows 98.He runs winMe and touched somthing he shouldnt have now after booting only the wall paper shows up no icons, start button, etc. After pressing control+alt+delete it shows some file trying to run but it wont, its a dell he only has a cd for it no floppy help us please. P.S. can I install 98 without making it worse he wants to keep the goodies on the hard drive not lose them.
10 answers Last reply
More about windows problem
  1. what file is trying to run?

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>
  2. I have no answer in your question. But i just want to say that Windows ME really suck.

<i>
    "I'll Take A Quiet Life
    -Handshake to Carbon Monoxide- Th.Yo."
    </i>
  3. Tried safe mode?

The loving are the daring!
  4. I think, since the original post was in march, the problem is probably already taken care of. Who keeps digging up these old posts? :mad:

Your arrogance is boring!
  5. geez!!!!!!

Looks like jmecor dug it up.

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 08/10/03 10:11 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
  6. [rant]
    he's dug up a few in this forum, is he trying to boost his post count or taking <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=33893#33893" target="_new">this thread</A> seriously?

and whats up with multiple short posts one after the other?
    [/rant]
  7. FORUM ARCHEoLOGY??????

<i>
    "I'll Take A Quiet Life
    </i>
  8. i just remembered my experience in me, it was horrible.

<i>
    "I'll Take A Quiet Life
    </i>
  9. If it's 98 Second Edition, I'd go that rout. You'll have to delete a key file from his system, I think it's win.com (maybe it was win.ini, you could always delete both), in order to overwrite ME.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
  10. :smile:

<font color=blue>
    My computer is <b>sooo fast</b>,
    It finished <b>SETI</b> in <b>10 seconds.</b>
    <font color=blue>
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows Me Windows