[SOLVED] IMac to tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

billkolb

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
How do I send content from my Mac safari to my Sony bravo flat-screen TV ((on wireless network; I get Net flix on my TV via apple TV)

Solution
I don't believe there is an elegant, wireless solution for you. Apple TV doesn't actually show your computer's display, it just streams files to the television. You probably need to get an adaptor to plug into the display port to convert to DVI, and then plug a DVI cable from there to your television. I think if you want audio you also need to run a cable from the audio-out port to your tv or other speakers. I know Intel has come up with some wireless display to TV methods, but it isn't in any Mac yet.

lordravage

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I don't believe there is an elegant, wireless solution for you. Apple TV doesn't actually show your computer's display, it just streams files to the television. You probably need to get an adaptor to plug into the display port to convert to DVI, and then plug a DVI cable from there to your television. I think if you want audio you also need to run a cable from the audio-out port to your tv or other speakers. I know Intel has come up with some wireless display to TV methods, but it isn't in any Mac yet.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.