What do you think about this computer?

Here is the computer I am getting:

- MSI G4Ti4400-VTD (MS-8871), GeForce 4 Ti4400, 128MB DDR no VIVO (550 Mhz)
- Lite-On 32x/12x/40x (CR-LI-LTR32123) CDRW, 2MB Cache
- AMD Athlon XP 1800+ 1.53GHz, 256k, 266FSB, s462, Palomino, Retail Box
- Samsung 512 MB PC2700 DDR (333MHz) CAS 2.5
- Gigabyte GA-7VRXP VIA KT333 Motherboard W/4 Channel sound
- Maxtor DiamondMax Plus D740X - Hard drive - standard - 80 GB ATA 133
- LG Electronics 52X CD-ROM (CRD-8520B), IDE, 128K Cache
- Logitech Z-540 4.1 surround system, 4 satellites + subwoofer (black)
- Microsoft Intellimouse Optical, 4 buttons+roller, USB or PS/2, OEM
- Logitech Deluxe Access 104 keyboard PS/2 (ENGLISH) with 3 internet shortcut keys
- Panasonic 1.44MB Floppy Drive
- Antec SX800 Workstation Tower, (No Power Supply), 4 x 5.25 ext bays, 2 x 3.25 ext bays, 4 x 3.25 int bays, optional 3 x 80mm case fans (2 Included)
- Enermax EG365P-VE FC, 350 Watt ATX Power Supply, P4 & AMD Certified
Total $1624.45 Canadian

I wondered at what do you think about this system. What can I add that would increase performance? My budget is about 1700 Canadian ;/.
I know nothing about overclocking. At what clock speeds could I overclock the video card with my present cooling? And for the speakers, can I use 4.1 speakers with the integrated 4-channel audio in the mobo? Or i need to buy a sound card?

Thanks
12 answers Last reply
More about what computer
  1. Does your speaker needs s/pdif output?

If it needs it, and your mobo sound has s/pdif output interface, you don't neeed to buy sound card. I think GA-7VRXP has s/pdif output.

And there's nothing needed to increase performance
  2. your system sounds good to me!

as far as overclocking goes....run ur system at default speeds until u feel the need for it to be necessary...than read up on overclocking articles and if u still have questions coem back and ask =)

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
  3. I think I could get $800 out of it if I sold it.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
  4. Ummm......what do u mean?

r u saying the system sux? or ud make that much profit off of it ?

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
  5. profit i bet
  6. I'm saying that as nice as it looks, whatever he pays will be more than the retail value of the finished system. Of course, it will be better than a retail system. It just seems a little dated with the 1800+ I guess.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
  7. if ur satisfied with a 1000EB at 1307MHz im sure his 1800+ @ 1.53GHz will satisfy this person :wink:

but i dunno...i wanna see a newer T-Bred!

as far as value goes....true.....but also like u said....its better than a pre-maid.......

8. I doubt you'll be able to find an OEM system (DELL, Gateway, etc) with a GF4Ti4400, 512MB DDR333 and an Antec SX800 case for $800US. $800US for an OEM system means it'll use value components not high end ones like the DDR266 (rather than DDR333 ) and a GF2MX200 (rather than a GF4Ti4400).

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.
  9. I deal in the low end market where all they see is the 1800+ and think it means 1800MHz.

10. I'm just a little anoyed with AMD for not releasing higher speed processors, excuse me for taking it out on others.

11. Well, what can we do? Go Intel :tongue: . Well, AMD is supposed to release new ones August 21st, so maybe that'll satisfy your craving a bit.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>
  12. I hope so!

Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs