I am looking to either using an existing Toshiba (satelite XP Windows) Laptop for the build (i know very old) or going with someone's suggestions. I am looking for business applications and severe multi-tasking. ANhy suggestions or help?
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Either Toshiba 1gb run XP or Dell 2gb run Vista
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
no games high multiple task at once
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photo, movies, teleconference, IM, Skype, Word docs etc.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
750gb (prefer @ 7200 rpm)
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
No specific site open for suggestions.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
basic is sufficient
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
looking for processor in high end probably like intel i7 (because it's a quad has turbo boost and will last a long time after software upgrades bigger and faster).
I hope this can help people find their ideal notebook.
Additionally... you should also consider what support options are available in your area. If say you buy something abroad, will you be able to have it fixed near where you live? Does the warranty apply? How quickly do local accredited technicians fix laptops?