Sto-roper bard holiday

"Mmmmmnnnnaaarrrrrrr"
Wailed the sto-roper bard.
"I'm taking missus sto-roper and the three mini-ropers on holiday in 4
weeks - and we are short of money for ice cream and stuff
mmmnnnaarrrr"

"Hmmmmm" pondered Sir Wankalot, Gas-spore Paladin of the West "why
don't you put that mint 1977 "Tegal Manor" on ebay uk........ its got
all the bits hasnt it?

"gaaaaafhhhhhh-hhhhhhh" cried the mournful roper "but its only a few
weeks till I go to Robin Hood's Bay in North Yorkshire"

Sorry everybody
(but I managed to sell some DnD fanzines for big bucks last week and Ms
Roper is now keen to "help me" clear out all my spare old gaming
stuff....and I sold my 1st ed dietes and demigods for a load, even tho
it has rude words like "wise and beautiful woman" written on it.)

Rob
and worldofkitch roper sales inc

Murf wrote:
> "Mmmmmnnnnaaarrrrrrr"
> Wailed the sto-roper bard.
> "I'm taking missus sto-roper and the three mini-ropers on holiday in 4
> weeks - and we are short of money for ice cream and stuff
> mmmnnnaarrrr"
>
> "Hmmmmm" pondered Sir Wankalot, Gas-spore Paladin of the West "why
> don't you put that mint 1977 "Tegal Manor" on ebay uk........ its got
> all the bits hasnt it?

> I managed to sell some DnD fanzines for big bucks last week and Ms
> Roper is now keen to "help me" clear out all my spare old gaming
> stuff....and I sold my 1st ed Deities and Demigods for a load, even tho
> it has rude words like "$*#&" written on it.)

Don't let her! These goodies only appreciate in value. Built my
D&D collection from 1977 on... and over the course of the next
decade (the latter half of the fabulous 80's), managed to
involuntarily part with all of it. Maybe it was the whole AD&D
thing and 2nd edition, I don't know... It was definitely the ex
though when she pawned off all my minis, books and wargames that
were in storage during one intense and insipid orgy of chaos,
greed, malice, and deceit.

In the 90's went to a gaming convention and accidently
rediscovered the one true ring (GMing), and put it on yet again.
It didn't help though, as I had to spend three, four, and
sometimes up to ten times the original price originally paid to
reacquire my "precious" treasures of yesteryear.

Better to get a part-time job for a few weeks or months for the
vacation fund.

Did manage to rebuild my gaming collection to an even greater
status over the last decade, and have it insured now against fire,
theft, decay, and some natural disasters.

I have everything originally owned, except for the Thieves Guild
books, Traveller Book 8 (Robots), and one periodical published
that supported roleplaying for Wizard/Advanced Melee. The lead RPG
miniatures have been replaced with better plastic, and pewter
figures, and while it is doubtful I'll ever have a 1/72 WWII army
to match the resplendent army of my youth, my 1/72 scale U.S. War
of Independence tribes and armies are unlikely to be rivalled
anywhere here in Indiana.

Keep em' cause it is extremely difficult to re-acquire them once
you part with your treasures. Save that last job for an estate
barrister or your gamer children or something.

Re,
Dirk