Sleep mode issues

montosaurous

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Okay, since I installed my Hyper 212 EVO and overclocked my CPU from 4.2GHz to 4.5GHz I have had issues with sleep mode. It will transition fine, but when I go to wake it up the monitor will stay black as if there is no signal until I reboot it, at which point Windows tells me it has recovered from an unexpected shutdown. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.

tdbvk

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
It sounds to me as if your power settings are competing with each other resulting in the issue you described.

I'd suggest you check out a few areas to make sure there aren't any conflicts occuring:

1. Check BIOS for issues such as Internal Over Voltage (rather it's set to auto or not)
2. Look at any third party software you have installed with power options such as your CPU software
3. Check the drivers, make sure everything is up to date.

I had this happen two years ago then recently on a another computer, both times it was power settings related.

Good luck!

montosaurous

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
I have bios voltage set to auto, since I'm not sure what to set it as. Drivers are all up to date. I've never heard of third party software causing issues. Unless CPU-Z recently got added to that list then that's a bit of a mystery.

tdbvk

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012

If you don't have anything else control your CPU then I wouldn't worry with checking that out.

A lot of people who buy high end graphics cards and mid to high end CPUs will often download software from AMD or Intel which allows for a lot of additional functionality such as easy overclocking, different mode settings, and even power settings that will override Windows (that can cause conflicts).

montosaurous

Honorable
Aug 21, 2012
Well, changing the voltages didn't help either. The only other thing I could think of is when I installed the Hyper 212 EVO, I had a hard time and the X-shaped item holding it down fell on the motherboard a few times. I wonder if this could cause my issues.