IS ATHLON GETTING SLOWER???

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
is it me or is AMD's flagchip getting slower? in some tests the xp is really patheic.

f**k it, I wanna sue AMD.

"<b>AMD/VIA!</b>...you are <i>still</i> the weakest link, good bye!"

Jake75

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2001
Oh, look who we have here, isn´t it our beloved Melty...

Long time no see.

<font color=blue>*</font color=blue><font color=red>**</font color=red>
<font color=white>***</font color=white>
<font color=red>***</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
melty... you seem to allways set extreemly low standards and fail to achieve them. Just <b>HOW</b> do you do it? :wink:

<b>MegaHertz Matters! ... But not without Cache our a decent chipset!!! :cool: </b>

Kelledin

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2001
Practice makes perfect, I suppose.

By the way, you ever notice how he always trolls the board more when AMD does well?

*sniff* I smell <i><b>fear!</b></i> :lol:

<A HREF="http://skarpsey.dyndns.org/" target="_new">Skarpsey</A>

IIB

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2001
Any chip with a fixed FSB speed actully scales worsten as clockspeed increses. so you cant have a real metric (liner) mhz/preformance ratio.

This post is best viewed with common sense enabled

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Any chip with a fixed FSB speed actully scales worsten as clockspeed increses. so you cant have a real metric (liner) mhz/preformance ratio.
Which is why AMD altered their PR ratings slightly to compensate for that. The Athlon XP desperately needs an FSB boost.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

nja469

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
Which is why AMD altered their PR ratings slightly to compensate for that. The Athlon XP desperately needs an FSB boost.

How right you are. They need to consider saying the hell with 166 and engineer like hell for a 200MHz chip and chipsets. Otherwise AMD's future 333MHz won't be sh!t compared to Intel's future 667MHz which is obviously still DOUBLE like it is today with 266 and 533!

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
AMD didn't do well, compared to their past processors they did mediocre.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
yeah. at lest he could have made it amusing.
*sighs* so hard to find decent trolls nowerdays.

<b>MegaHertz Matters! ... But not without Cache our a decent chipset!!! :cool: </b>

slickstaa

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2002
in your sig, is that supposed to be <font color=red> or</font color=red> a decent chipset?
wow kinda sad that thats all that i can think to post in this thread.
Cheers melty.

<font color=blue> If it ain't broke, don't fix it...tweak it.</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS