Intel is still way better

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
umm... whats up with that... when Intel came out with the 2.533Mhz, the price was way over $500 and ~$600 at some places!
with as much of the market that Intel has there is no need for them to do such things. that right there makes me freakin' mad.

now just like before, AMD has fair pricing on their CPUs. GO AMD GO... I'm wondering where the common sense in people has gone? Intel STILL has a larger share of the market! ahhh common sense man, common sense... where has it gone? do we have that many illiterate computer buyers? grrrrrrrrrrr...

<b><font color=orange>sing to prolong HDD life; spin right round like a record baby Right round round round

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
there are amazing numbers of people that have trouble telling the difference between a mouse and a keyboard.

<b>MegaHertz Matters! ... But not without Cache our a decent chipset!!! :cool: </b>

it has a lot to do with reliability and via. A lot of people in the enthuesiast market hates via. A lot of poeple never heard of amd and Intel has a bigger marketing compaign where amd has none.

as far as common sense, it has died along with honor, truth, and dignity.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
well, thats where nvidia gives me hope. with nforce2, i hope they will give the AXP what it needs (MEMORY BANDWIDTH).

what i really want to see is a bench mark with nforce2, ddr400 @cas 2.0 with the AXP 2600+. now that would be fair. i want nvidia to **** via up and make them do something about their crap chipsets.

<b><font color=orange>sing to prolong HDD life; spin right round like a record baby Right round round round

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
*crying*

why oh why... one has lots of buttons ant the other doesn't, the one with lots of buttons is the KEYBOARD!

you know poo, the sad thing is you're right *crying*

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
intel marketing

I have see twice a tv ad.Most of there marketing come from there own log intel inside from computer sold in all time.I every time i ask what is your computer a Pentium X and XXX megbytes of ram they dont the speed or the name of the ram the same goes for the hard drive.

The day i meet a goth queen that tell me Intel suck.I turn in a lemming to fill is need in hardware.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Wait, just to make sure, the mouse is the thingymajig that I press buttons with letters and things come up on screen, and then the keyboard is this small thing with 2 buttons and a funky "growth" on top that turns....heard people call it a wheel. It also hurts my eyes when I stair at this funky red light that shoots out from the bottom.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

LancerEvolution7

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2002
Because the majority of customers here Pentium much more than they hear Athlon. If you walk into any large computer store(ie Best Buy, Circuit City, Compusa), most of their computers have the INTEL sticker on it. Also some companies such as Dell do not make any athlon system. So to sum it all up, Intel is more popular among the masses because their name is bigger.

Joeman

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2001
The whole Via chipsets stinks argument is so lame!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, take a look at the Pentium 4 chipsets from VIA. The memory performance there isn't bad at all. Of course VIA is using the same mem controller (mostly anyways) in it's Athlon offerings, so since the Athlon doesn't scale well with better fsb bandwith indicates that the Athlon is showing it's age, basically it's the cpu NOT the chipset there's anything wrong with... Why else would a 166 fsb athlon score so much worse with DDR333 than an Pee4 with the same type of memory both on VIA chipsets???

AMD gives you most bang for your bucks!!

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
becauze as i have found out, stupiditiy is the second most abundant thing in the universe, just behind Hydrogen.

<b>MegaHertz Matters! ... But not without Cache our a decent chipset!!! :cool: </b>

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
I've used plenty of via chipsets, and to bo honest, have never had an issue. Maybe it's a magic touch, cause when I config a comp and mess wid windows it rock stable and fast as hell (even win ME!). Personally, I like Via.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek:

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
well... i'm not goig to say that via still sucks at stability, but i will say they can do much better as far as memory goes. also hate it when they push out a product without an "A" just to give them enuf time to make a better product. like many have mentioned here, sis among other companies gets the job done on the first try usually.

i will be very proud of nvidia with the nforce2 if it means AXP will get the same type of mem bandwidth as P4, tho the P4 does have a much higher latency, but then again it was made to work with that type of memory so...</font color=red>

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
thats why i hate what Intel does. so many places don't even offer the AXP so... there really isn't the need for Intel to **** people with every new product releas...

i don't know how many of you have worked in computer sales, but there are so many people out there that have Intel stamped in there brains and don't open up their minds what so ever. they are willing to pay more and get less product at the same time. many times i have asked them why not AMD? they say AMD is not good, and if i ask why again... guess what? they CAN NOT back up their statment and all they say is; look i just want a intel, are you going to help or not. erm... what other choice did i have.</font color=red>

LED

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
That's Intels way of clearing out inventory.....Charge a premium for new, high clocked procs....people will still buy up the lesser clocked procs.....and Intel still has performance crown.

This sig runs too hot.

scamtrOn

Illustrious
Nov 20, 2001
that justifies absolutely none of what they do.

and i don't care about the performance crown :p

Kzzrn

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
Via sucks. There's always something that it doesn't like or some other odd quik or something with them. I personally would stay away from them.

Knowledge is the key to understanding

Kzzrn

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2002
"well, thats where nvidia gives me hope. with nforce2, i hope they will give the AXP what it needs (MEMORY BANDWIDTH)."

It won't help much if any. The AXP's bandwidth is only 2.1 GBps. That is the PROCESSOR'S bandwidth, it has nothing to do with what chipset you have. So with all this "bandwidth" the nForce2 is suposed to give you, you need a processor like the P4 that can actually take advantage of it. Otherwise, it won't help any.

Knowledge is the key to understanding

chuck232

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2002
That's why we're hoping for a 166MHz FSB!! That'll really give AXP a boost. Most estimate ~10% on average increase, which is really quite a lot considering all it is is a FSB.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>

bigboss

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2002
two facts:
1)Via wasn't able to make a good memory controler till now.
-->VIA SUCKS
2)Intel's new chipsets are as good as the ones from SiS. (I prefer the new i845G chipset with 400DDR)

The one who has the most information is the strongest.

Intel_inside

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001
via's new chipsets are very good, I have a gigabyte 7rxp board which uses the kt333 and have easily had 2 week uptimes with winxp or more (I often turn the computer off as it makes the room very hot when its on for a long time! )

<i>My life wasn't complete untill I tried sse-2 optimized pong</i>

eden

Champion
What the heck?

Two surprises at once: I thought you left?
And secondly: You're not trashing AMD anymore?!

Ok I know you own an AXP1800, but man, the two above provide explanation to why I am surprised!

--
And now, an advice from your friendly Nike shoes slogan: JUST DO HER!