MN730 Software

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Hello,
I have a MN 730 Wireless modem on my computer, I've
recently lost the connection to my Belkin router(on the
base computer). Nothing physically has changed, yet the
730 just doesn't see the signal and has a red x on the
icon. All well and good if I could reinstall the drivers
but my MN730 utility disk has gone missing. So after
downloading the one on MS' site and burning it, then
taking the disk to the problem computer and installing it,
I get a corrupted file error. Now I've downloaded and
burned the file a number of ways and yet I still get the
same error. So now I'm stuck without knowing a solution.
After messing with all sorts of settings for the 730, I
feel the only other option is to reinstall everything. As
a side note the windows utility program stopped working or
even loading a few months back, since it didn't effect my
connection I didn't feel the need of reloading it. This
card(MN730) has had so many issues since I bought it and a
few months ago I heard it had been discontinued, so
needless to say I'm a little dismayed by all this. Any
help along these lines would greatly appreciated, thanks.
Chris

Try simply going into Device Manager, locate the networking device and
right-click, Remove. Then reboot your system. Since the drivers have
already been installed, the system should recognize the PCI card and
automatically install it fresh.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have a MN 730 Wireless modem on my computer, I've
> recently lost the connection to my Belkin router(on the
> base computer). Nothing physically has changed, yet the
> 730 just doesn't see the signal and has a red x on the
> icon. All well and good if I could reinstall the drivers
> but my MN730 utility disk has gone missing. So after
> downloading the one on MS' site and burning it, then
> taking the disk to the problem computer and installing it,
> I get a corrupted file error. Now I've downloaded and
> burned the file a number of ways and yet I still get the
> same error. So now I'm stuck without knowing a solution.
> After messing with all sorts of settings for the 730, I
> feel the only other option is to reinstall everything. As
> a side note the windows utility program stopped working or
> even loading a few months back, since it didn't effect my
> connection I didn't feel the need of reloading it. This
> card(MN730) has had so many issues since I bought it and a
> few months ago I heard it had been discontinued, so
> needless to say I'm a little dismayed by all this. Any
> help along these lines would greatly appreciated, thanks.
> Chris

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Chris H,
Thx for the reply, yes I've already done that and
it does work, ie; It finds the driver and installs it.
That just doesn't correct the problem. I'm sure somewhere
along the way I've hosed my settings, yet as of now I have
not been able to reset to the original settings so that it
works. Thanks again, any other ideas?
-chris

If you're on Windows XP, try going into Network Connections, right-click the
icon representing your LAN, select Properties and double-check the settings.
Click the Configure button on the General page, and make sure the device is
on the proper Channel for your LAN, then verify you've got Client for
Microsoft Networks, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and
TCP/IP (at least) installed on the General tab (this connection uses the
following items:). Then highlight TCP/IP and select Properties to verify
everything is proper. Pay special attention to whether you're supposed to
Obtain an IP address (and DNS) automatically or need to feed it the IP/DNS
information. If you're set to receive automatically, try giving the
computer a static IP within your LAN range, the address of your router
(Gateway) and the proper DNS numbers for your ISP.