Sign in with
Your question

Laptop wont boot into os

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
October 11, 2011 1:43:32 AM

Hey guys, i am not sure if this is the right section to post this but i need your help. I have an asus g72, after installing DA2 and trying to run it, my laptop froze. I restarted the computer but got stuck at the windows logo. i tried safe mode but the same thing happened.
I think i have restarted it enough that the computer automatically goes into repair mode when i boot it up, which means i can get past the windows logo now but i get stuck at a grayish screen, i can see my mouse and move it but there is nothing to click on. just my mouse and the screen. i believe this is the screen where i am suppose to get the option to restore my computer to factory setting. Any help will be appreciated.

More about : laptop wont boot

a b D Laptop
October 11, 2011 2:29:23 AM

Can you borrow a friends Windows 7 disk to enter repair.

If not make a linux live disk and use that to backup your important DATA

Then as a last resort use the recovery partition...this will cause ALL DATA TO BE LOST.

Using the Recovery Partition:
1. Press [F9] during bootup.
2. Press [Enter] to select Windows Setup [EMS Enabled].
3. Read the ASUS Preload Wizard screen and click Next.
4. Select a partition option and click Next. Partition options:
Recover Windows to first partition only.
This option deletes only the first partition and allows you to keep other partitions, and to create a new system partition as drive “C”.
Recover Windows to entire HD.
This option deletes all partitions from your hard disk drive and creates a new system partition as drive “C”.
Related resources
October 11, 2011 6:58:22 PM

Friend, the guy above already gave you all the options.

Your notebook's recovery center should give you the option to backup data. Or create a linux disk and use it to get into an OS and get your data out

Next time have backups ready, and simply restore to factory condition.
October 11, 2011 7:36:14 PM

soulfire12 said:
Hey guys, i am not sure if this is the right section to post this but i need your help. I have an asus g72, after installing DA2 and trying to run it, my laptop froze. I restarted the computer but got stuck at the windows logo. i tried safe mode but the same thing happened.
I think i have restarted it enough that the computer automatically goes into repair mode when i boot it up, which means i can get past the windows logo now but i get stuck at a grayish screen, i can see my mouse and move it but there is nothing to click on. just my mouse and the screen. i believe this is the screen where i am suppose to get the option to restore my computer to factory setting. Any help will be appreciated.

dude, take the HDD out. the error there at the begining says there's something wrong with the Sata port, or *gulp* the HDD. you'll get lucky with a reseat of the HDD.....or if not, try the HDD in a desktop or another laptop.
if it spins up in the other pc, and you can read your files, you're going to want to RMA the laptop. Backup all your stuff first because no matter how awesome asus is, they wont send you the same hdd back.
a b D Laptop
October 12, 2011 7:13:24 PM

+1 to Speedstream

Can you enter safemode by pressing the 'f8' key at startup?

If so try to update your drivers I would download and install the intel matrix storage manager off of the asus website.

As Speedstream noticed there is something wrong with your SATA port or HDD. Did you reseat the power and SATA cables?
!