Question about buying Dell desktop

I'm looking to buy a 4700 series machine in the near future, to
replace a Dell XP600. Am I better keeping my buying impulse on hold
until after Xmas, or just going for it now. Dell has what seems to be
a pretty good deal ( free flat panel display upgrade ) now. Also, I
read on another thread that Dell isn't shipping OEM O/S disks with new
systems, which concerns me. Can someone confirm if that is true?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Jeff
2 answers Last reply
More about question buying dell desktop

    figaro911@hotmail.com (Jeff Innis) wrote in

    > I'm looking to buy a 4700 series machine in the near future, to
    > replace a Dell XP600. Am I better keeping my buying impulse on hold
    > until after Xmas, or just going for it now. Dell has what seems to be
    > a pretty good deal ( free flat panel display upgrade ) now. Also, I
    > read on another thread that Dell isn't shipping OEM O/S disks with new
    > systems, which concerns me. Can someone confirm if that is true?
    > Thanks in advance for any info.

    Don't know about the US, but in Canada a friend has found
    that the best prices of the year are the latter part of November.
    The second best are late summer.

    --
    Dave Patton
    http://www.confluence.org/

    the best deal on the 4700 that i have ever scene is going on right now...
    go to dell.com then small business then outrageous deals where they have a
    dimension 4700 for $868 + free shipping + $? sales tax - $100 rebate for
    3ghz/800mhz, 512mb, 80gb, dvd drive, cdrw drive, modem, floppy drive,
    integrated video (and pci/express video card expansion slot), integrated
    sound, integrated nic, windows xp home, e173fp 17" flat panel monitor,
    speaker bar for e173fp, 2 year warranty.

    like your expressed, my sense is that prices will not be aggressive until
    some time after the holiday season is over. however, you never know, and
    after the downgrading of their (and other computer retailers) stock based on
    projected sales being weak they may surprise us with lots of aggressive
    pricing this quarter.

    as for your question about cds being supplied with the computer, the answer
    to this question is not mysterious... when configuring a system on dell.com
    look at the operating system choice and select one that says "with media" if
    you want the cd (as opposed to "no media"). eventually they will not be
    able to offer the choice as microsoft is forcing oem retailers to phase out
    the supply of cds.

    "Jeff Innis" <figaro911@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy a 4700 series machine in the near future, to
    > replace a Dell XP600. Am I better keeping my buying impulse on hold
    > until after Xmas, or just going for it now. Dell has what seems to be
    > a pretty good deal ( free flat panel display upgrade ) now. Also, I
    > read on another thread that Dell isn't shipping OEM O/S disks with new
    > systems, which concerns me. Can someone confirm if that is true?
    > Thanks in advance for any info.
    >
    > Jeff

Dell Desktops Computers Product