Closed

Bios password removel software

Hello,
how to remove dell e4300 laptop bios password software or master password ganaretor ex servicetag code 595b
6 answers Last reply
More about bios password removel software
  1. Go to dell with a proof of ownership!
  2. Bios comes in before any software, meaning its impossible unless you have deep Bios knowledge.
  3. open up your laptop, remove the button battery and press the power button for about 10 seconds....bios is reset back to factory settings....hope it works out for you.
  4. cats_Paw said:
    Bios comes in before any software, meaning its impossible unless you have deep Bios knowledge.

you don't need knowledge to remove a button battery (watch battery) it's just like how you do it on a regular motherboard
  5. @ nebun;
    BIOS password and settings are on non-volatile storage. You can remove the CMOS/RTC battery and leave it out for a month without resetting the password or custom BIOS settings.
    That battery trick hasn't worked on laptops made in the last four or five years (with some makes & models even further back).
  6. WR2 said:
    @ nebun;
    BIOS password and settings are on non-volatile storage. You can remove the CMOS/RTC battery and leave it out for a month without resetting the password or custom BIOS settings.
    That battery trick hasn't worked on laptops made in the last four or five years (with some makes & models even further back).

and how did i manage to reset the bios on my laptop a few months back?...my laptop is about a year old, so it's not very old
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops BIOS Dell Software