Screen flashing and disabling aero

brunovc

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
Hello everybody ...

Well, my windows (7 Ultimate 64bit) is flashing the screen and after a few seconds disables the aero ...

I went into the windows troubleshooter and says that the desktop windows manager was disabled, it reactivates and aero back, but after a while, it happens the same again.

What can be causing this??

My configuration: Asus M4A785TD EVO-V, Phenom X4 II 955, 512MB GeForce GTS250, 4GB G. Skill DDR3, Corsair 550VX source ...

I thank you.

PS.: Sorry for my bad English...

Bruno.

brunovc

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
No, I have no way to test somewhere else ...

Another thing that happens is that Windows Update does not work (error code: C80003FA.

I just uninstall the video driver and also run driver sweeper and installed the driver 197.45 ... So far, there has no problem if it goes, I would post ... And if you know how to fix the error on windows update, please let me know.

Thank you.

Bruno

Found on another forum :-
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
b. Right-click the Automatic Update service, and then click Stop.

2. Rename the SoftwareDistribution folder by changing the name to the SDold folder. The SoftwareDistribution folder is located in the %systemdrive%:\Windows folder.

3. Restart the Automatic Update service. To do this, follow these steps:

a. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
b. Right-click the Automatic Update service, and then click Restart.

4. Clear the cached files from Microsoft Internet Explorer 6. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Start Internet Explorer.
b. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
c. Under the Temporary Internet files section, click Delete Cookies, and then click OK.
d. Click Delete Files, click to select the Delete all offline content check box, and then click OK.
e. Under the History section, click Clear History, click Yes when you are prompted to delete the history, and then click OK.

Source

brunovc

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010

I tried this and it did not work.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/windows-7-aero-win7-update-hole,10459.html

I would have to say maybe the latest windows update is disabling Aero to fix the problem temporarily.

About aero, it was turning off even before the updates, i tried a windows 7 32bits that is working on another computer (with aero working very well), but here it disables the aero too.

Any idea?

Thanks.

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hi brunovc,

You can try running the Windows 7 Areo troubleshooter and see what results it gives you.

To run the troubleshooter:
Open the Aero troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Troubleshooter, click Troubleshooting, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, click Display Aero desktop effects.

Any Luck?
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

brunovc

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
I already ran aero troubleshooter and says that the desktop window manager was disabled, it reactivates and aero back, but after a while, it happens the same again.

I installed windows vista (32bits) on another partition, and I'm using for about 2 hours now, and aero didn't disable... and I can't update my windows (both vista and 7)...

What could be causing this (aero not working on win7 and no updates on vista/7)???

Thanks.

Bruno.